1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another east coast storm on the way!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jt5019, Dec 12, 2003.

1. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

This is gonna be a messy one............

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...BERGEN NJ-BRONX NY-EASTERN PASSAIC NJ-ESSEX NJ-HUDSON NJ- KINGS (BROOKLYN) NY-NASSAU NY-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN) NY- NORTHEAST SUFFOLK NY-NORTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT- NORTHERN NEW HAVEN CT-NORTHERN NEW LONDON CT-NORTHERN WESTCHESTER NY- NORTHWEST SUFFOLK NY-ORANGE NY-PUTNAM NY-QUEENS NY- RICHMOND (STATEN IS.) NY-ROCKLAND NY-SOUTHEAST SUFFOLK NY- SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN CT- SOUTHERN NEW LONDON CT-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER NY-SOUTHWEST SUFFOLK NY- UNION NJ-WESTERN PASSAIC NJ- 1036 AM EST FRI DEC 12 2003
    ALONG THE COAST... MILDER AIR IS EXPECTED TO MOVE IN ALOFT BY EARLY AFTERNOON SUNDAY... AND THIS SHOULD MIX THE SNOW WITH SLEET AND RAIN. AS INCREASINGLY MILDER AIR MOVES IN FROM OFF THE OCEAN... A CHANGE TO ALL RAIN SEEMS LIKELY BY LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON OR EVENING. THIS RAIN SHOULD BE THE PRIMARY FORM OF PRECIPITATION SUNDAY NIGHT BUT MAY TURN BACK TO ALL SNOW MONDAY BEFORE ENDING AS COLDER AIR RETURNS. FURTHER INLAND... MOST OF THE PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO FALL AS SNOW THROUGH MOST OF SUNDAY AFTERNOON. THE SNOW MAY THEN MIX WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN BY EVENING AS MILDER AIR WORKS IN. A MIXTURE OF SNOW... SLEET... AND FREEZING RAIN... POSSIBLY HEAVY AT TIMES... IS POSSIBLE SUNDAY NIGHT BEFORE A CHANGE TO JUST SNOW OCCURS MONDAY.

2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

sounds like one big mess doesnt it

3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Here we go again 6+ inches

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...BERGEN NJ-EASTERN PASSAIC NJ-NORTHERN FAIRFIELD CT- NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN CT-NORTHERN NEW LONDON CT- NORTHERN WESTCHESTER NY-ORANGE NY-PUTNAM NY-ROCKLAND NY- WESTERN PASSAIC NJ- 217 PM EST FRI DEC 12 2003
    ... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT TO SUNDAY MORNING...

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP BY MID MORNING SUNDAY AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE DAY. THE SNOW WILL BE LIGHT AT THE START AND THEN BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES DURING THE AFTERNOON HOURS. BY 600 PM 6 INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW IS EXPECTED... MAINLY ACROSS THE NORTHERN AND WESTERN SECTIONS. DURING SUNDAY EVENING THE SNOW WILL MIX WITH SLEET BEFORE CHANGING OVER TO ALL RAIN. LITTLE ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED BEFORE THE CHANGEOVER TO RAIN....

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i hope we get just snow and it ends up being a nice storm, not a mess:)

5. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

me to the one good thing about the rain it helps clean the snow off the pavement better.when did you get that info i havnt heard any accumulation yet your the first im looking at you to keep me posted.lol:drinkup:

6. ford250LDMaster

ford250LDMaster Member

easthavenplower

im your boss son ill keep you posted lol lol:D

7. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

I think they change it they added flood watch for the shoreline and wind advisery for everyone else. take for what it is worth they are very rarly right look outside on sunday and monday you can get the same answer :rolleyes:

8. shadowmaker1969

shadowmaker1969 Junior Member
    from va

Just ice here. :realmad: :angry: :(

Brad