1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another E60 problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sno4U, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

We have an E60 on a little Meyers 2 M poly blade and as of late have been having some problems. With our last really cold snap it gave us problems bad enough to take to the shop and change the fluid again. I already changed it once this past Fall b/f the snow even flew.
    It moves L/R very slowly but, if you work it long enough it eventually frees up and moves fine. The biggest problem is it will raise but then NOT drop. Eventually if you leave it in float mode for long enough it will drop very slowly and you can eventually get it to work. So, I thought it was freezing up again and changed the fluid (again). I changed completely, including rams and flushing the system w/ new oil. I've pulled and cleaned both filters that I could find.
    The only thing I can think is the "A" valve/solenoid is messed up. Any other suggestions??:confused:

2. sno&go

sno&go Member

Make sure the adjustment for the blade to drop is set so it will do just that. You don't want it slamming to the ground so make sure it didn't work itself out of adjustment. Also make sure all the O-rings on your valves are good and solid. If any are torn or missing a very small part, it can screw up the angling and lifting.

3. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I had that thought too but, if the drop adjustment was out why would it start working fine , then the next time u go to use it, it does the same problem? Raises, raises, raises and doesn't drop until you very patiently wait for it to creep down and then u can usually get it to work itself back to normal (again). So, you let it sit (usually the next day) U go to use it again and then its the same sh%&:mad:!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When its angling slow does it also lift slow?

5. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Well, yes, it does angle slow, but, eventually that works loose too and then seems to function fine.
    I tried it yesterday and it worked fine. Now went out this morning (it got really cold last nite) and the same ol' stuff (again). The "up" is fine, the angle/s was fine but, no down. WTF!
    Like I said, I've changed fluid complete and cycled w/ fresh to rinse. So, I can't see how/why there would be anything sticking the valve.
    Planning on getting it in the shop today and opening up the "A" coil/valve assmbly. I'll check for power to the coil and make sure I'm getting magnetism. Also will clean out anything I can find. Grit, metal chips,ice????

6. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

When was the last time the pump was disassembled to clean out the sump?? I have had pumps with a lot of sludge in the sump.

7. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Sorry, B&B went back and reread your question. The answer you want, it raises fine-at normal to fast speed. That doesn't seem to be effected.
    No, I've never cleaned out the sump on this unit.
    I've been thinking about this today(alot) and have come to another possible answer which is: when I ran the fresh fluid thru it to clean the system I never actually functioned the pump to go L or up & down. I just put in the fluid and pumped it out. So, by my own admission, I probably didn't do the best job.
    BTW: the bottom plug is seized so, I have to pump fluid thru it, unless I want to take the unit off the vehicle and turn it upside down.:mad:

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ice would effect all hydraulic functions. My first guess would be couplers

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Exactly and is why I asked the question I did. Agree, replace the couplers..and the A valve/coil too if you've already eliminated any ground or electrical possibilities as to the cause of the lack of lowering functions.

And, if the pump has never been pulled apart and the sump base cleaned out I would definitely suggest you do so. You won't believe what you'll find in there.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you running a pad or a slic stick?

11. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Although I really don't care for it, I run the pad.