1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another E47 ?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by AbsoluteH&L, Jan 2, 2010.

1. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Yep here it is again! I think I need a new C valve, but the weird thing is my back pump is doing the same thing. I am having issues with it not wanting to angle. I just put on a new set of rams thinking I was having freeze ups because of water getting in from my old pitted rams. At one point I couldn't even get the plow to go up. But then I disconnected the turn hose and the pump freed up again. Put in a new B valve but still no movement. It will make the plow jump a little but not turn. Also the lines are holding pressure and a real PITA to get the couplers on or off. I think I need a C valve but its just weird that my other pump is doing the same thing, unless I screwed that one up too when I had my freeze up issues before I replaced the turn rams.
    Sorry long and rambling but hopefully someone can shed some light.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you connect the plow side hoses together can you manually fully angle the plow both ways by hand?

Does it only get stuck in one direction?

Sounds more like the center pivot may be worn out causing an over travel condition.

3. AbsoluteH&L

If connected back together, yes I can angle the plow by hand.
    Originally that is how the trouble started, with the typical stuck to the right thing going on. But now it won't seem to angle at all even if I reconnect everything with the plow strait.
    I don't think the center pin is worn THAT much! I replaced it a few years back and the A frame and quadrant that I replaced were WAY more worn out than what is on there now.
    The other clue, but I don't know what it means is that the hoses seem to have to much pressure "at rest" making it nearly impossible to get the couplers on or off.

Thanks for jumpin in B&B I was hoping to see you on here!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So even from the straight position it doesn't want to angle which way? To the right? Or either way? Have you checked the pump pressure on it lately? The E47's do not have much reserve power so even if they drop off a little on pressure output they tend to not have enough strength to get the blade moving from a fully angle position, especially so if there's an excessive resistance at all. Such as mechanical binding or a bad coupler.

Major pressure buildup in the hoses is also an indication of a mechanical binding issue or bad coupler(s)...or a stuck open C valve.

5. AbsoluteH&L

Fixed, YEAH! It was the male coupler on the pump side hose. I know that was the main cause because I couldn't get the dang thing off the hose, so I just did the other one and the half of that one. Didn't want to kill any more time I should have been plowing. Sure enough it locked up on me again so when I got close I stopped in and put on a new hose and coupler.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear you're up and running. A good tip to remember in the future is to ALWAYS replace couplers in pairs and of course be sure they're the same matching style (ball or pin). Saves much grief. :salute:

7. AbsoluteH&L

Here I was banging my head against the wall thinking it was a C valve that I couldn't get till today. And all it was is couplers, should have checked the easy stuff first. Plus I have them on the shelf. And yes the one that I couldn't get changed till later was the pin style. Which style is better? I know the ball type seem to be more common, but it looks like the pin type would flow better.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've found the ball style to be much more reliable over the years. Brand name makes a difference too. Generic ones tend to cause far more issues than a good brand name coupler by far.

Parker, Aeroquip, etc are brands I've had good luck with and try to stick with whenever possible..