1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another DXT question......

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by vmj, Nov 3, 2014.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Had new plow in scoop position and noticed outter ends of plow were off floor.. Wondering if its because plow edge has not been worn in yet?? or should it be sitting flat in all positions? Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Try again and move truck forward about 2 inches and it will sit flat.

3. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I wasn't moving truck at the time.... just wanted to make sure it was a problem... really don't want to have a problem first time out while getting use to plow... thanks

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Put plow down and move truck foward about 2 inches and it will set.

5. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

on my VXT there is a setting you can adjust for this. its a bolt that moves a little pad or something. I never touched it but it was explained in the manual

6. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I'll put it on this weekend again and give it a better look.. I'll have to move truck forward.... I would like to go run it up and down st to wear in edge...LOL

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If properly adjusted the wings should touch at all points of travel. If it doesn't take it back to the installer and have them adjust it. If you installed it yourself, reread and follow your instructions they explain how to do it.

8. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Mine's doing the same thing. The rubber pad in the center with the bolt needs to be moved foreward one bolt hole at a time till it sits right. If that doesn't fix it, then the mount will need to go oup a se to fbolt holes and fine tuned again with the center pad.

9. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

it was dealer installed and their telling me to use it a bit to wear down edge... if still happening then prob adjust it. I have not used it yet deviously.....

10. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Take a picture so we can see how bad it is off

11. Doughboy12

Doughboy12 PlowSite Fanatic

That's just being LAZY... :mechanic:

12. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

lol I have no idea how to do the picture thing,,,,,

13. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

That's ridiculous :(
    As mentioned, the cutting edge should sit flat on the ground in all positions ... ALL. If it doesn't it will wear irregularly and cause you nothing but grief. Get it adjusted ... very simple to do.
    You should also load whatever ballast you plan to run when setting it up ...

14. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Not completely. The back part of the center shoe on these is a right angle, no curve or anything to it. I've seen about 8 now that can't be adjusted perfectly before they're used, but after one push, they sit perfect.

If it's less than 1/2 inch up on the outside wing tips in scoop, then it'll sit perfect after one push and the cutting edge will wear totally normal.

Now, if it's off more than a half inch, or isn't sitting right in V or straight, then there's something else wrong.

15. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Didn't see where he mentioned the shoes ... of course if it's the center shoe holding it up and not the cutting adge then that's another matter. You better be plowing a lot of hard top if you want to wear those shoes down a 1/2" in one push, lol. I run shoes and these things are tough!

16. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I do not have the shoes on this unit....

17. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

if you put on a new rubber center snowcatcher shoe ,with worn cutting edges , they are the same size as a new cutting edge and need to be worn down to old edge side, make any sense ?

18. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

drive in reverse a country mile , it should wear easier down to the cutting edges