1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another dud ?!?!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by leolkfrm, Jan 1, 2012.

1. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

Well the weather warnings for lake affect are up again! expecting 4-8 by Mon afternoon......last time they did all this it turned into a salt only event!...think the have it right this time?:laughing:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hope they are wrong again!

3. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

The winds are picking up pretty good right now...heading your way. Their calling for 1" here tonight, but lake effect snow warning here from 4:00 AM Monday - 4:00 PM Tuesday, w/ near zero visibility at times.

4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Yeah, they say 6" + here by Tues afternoon. 3" tonight and 3" tomorrow night would be just peachy. 40 mph winds are expected so that will kick up the lake effect. I think someone will get snowed on, but will it be us?

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

ColdCoffee, did you feel that quake yesterday?

6. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I didn't feel it...but that's about a 40-60 minute drive east of where I am.

7. grandview

Now they have it some areas will get up to 22 inches.

8. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

you guys are lucky your atleast getting something NJ has been completly dry and nothing in the forecast for 15 days not that they know but its driving me nuts!

9. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

We're looking somewhere at 10" - 24"

10. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

they are saying up to 2 feet in the PA snow belts, one of our sites had 8 inches or so last night and its still coming down. I think this one is going to be for real.

11. grandview

Ended up with a few flurries.

12. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

It's snowing like hell here, dont be jealous anyone. I'd just as soon let guys with per push accounts have it.

13. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

yep grandview another dud.....salt only event!....

14. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

We ended up w/ 12"+ w/ 2-3' drifts, kind of hard to measure w/ all the wind. My stuff off the East side of the lake was more consistent Tuesday afternoon - late evening...thought I was done around noon because they canceled the warning about 4 hours too early, but then the bands of snow went all day until about 8:00 PM. A couple of miles South or West you needed sun glasses because the sun was so bright. No sooner after the lots were ready for salt, we'd get blasted w/ another 2-4" in less than an hour. That's pretty much how the whole even went.

15. grandview

Lake effect bands will do that to you. I'd rather be dumped on then stop snowing and starting snowing again after your done.

16. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I hear ya. It can really mess w/ your head when the sun pops out, you can see for miles...put the salt down & an hour later your saying "well that was almost pointless". At least the piles are melting down somewhat today w/ all the salt slop that got pushed in. Hopefully it all freezes up tonight & I get called in for more salt.