1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another drunk plow driver in Buffalo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Dec 16, 2013.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Snow plowing will drive you to drinkin.....

3. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Hell Yeah!!!

I like to out drunk and blind folded :drinkup:
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That's dumb....
  5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

7. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

This is not good. Are these guys drinking before they get on the road, or while they are on the road? or both? Disturbing. Something needs to be done at Buffalo highway department.
  8. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

3 seasons ago I was getting on the hwy. Many inches of unplowed snow on the ground and some drunk guy driving his bosses plow truck decides to slam it in reverse and back up. Meanwhile I as I round the bend on the entrance ramp. There is no where I could go I just tapped him in the back. He had a stainless sander. He gets out. I get out and I was like what are you thinking. He said to me "shhhh" man I am buzzing like crazy and there is a cop up there. There was state police strobes far far away. So he told me he decided to back up off the ramp. I told him I could call the cops and report it. He hopped in his truck so fast and took off I could not even get his plate. I had no damage at all. He had a bent bracket on his sander. It was not his truck either it was his bosses. Again. This was a private and not a state or town driver.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  9. grandview

Like last yr when another was drunk and killed a guy walking on the road with the wing.Drunk also.
  10. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Local plow guy used to be a drinker...

Actually, he'd had a minor stroke then his wife ditched him and he just spiralled downwards til there eventually was no money left to pay employees or repair trucks, then he lost everything to bankruptcy. Sad story. Haven't seen him in years, don't know what happened to him. He owed a lot of people money...
  11. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

automatic loss of cdl at .04, guess he did not want to plow anymore nor drive truck!....wow did he just kiss a sweet job with benefits goodbye
  12. grandview

And in the news yesterday he was already heading to court for kicking the wife/gf around.
  13. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a class act :rolls eyes:
  14. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Usually see this happen more in the second half of plow season. Plowers with seasonal accounts are either drinking to drown their sorrows from busted budgets , or there's been no snow and drinking out of boredom and visions of riches !:drinkup:
  15. grandview

Remember,this was a city employee driving drunk.