1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another Dodge Ram project

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rjigto4oje, Sep 17, 2014.

1. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Just wanted to share my project with plow site rocker panels and ab corners as soon as I can figure out how to get the pics posting g from a dumbphone:mechanic:

2. rjigto4oje

Pics of the cab

Screenshot_2014-09-17-11-49-26.jpg

3. rjigto4oje

More pictures

Screenshot_2014-09-17-11-49-43.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-17-11-50-05.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-17-11-49-50.jpg

4. rjigto4oje

Getting ready to start the driver's side used eastwoods version of pur15 on the back of the panels did the frame too similar to the purple dodge project just getting started lots of work ahead

5. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

wow that was a lot of rust...looks good, you gonna bed line the bottom?

6. rjigto4oje

That's the drivers side, the pass side is the one painted I coated the rear of the panels I may use rock guard I do like the look of fresh paint but I would like the durability of truck bed coating like you did on your truck I have another one just like this to do before the winter plus repairs, plows ect. Hope I can get it all done

7. dodgegmc1213

dang a lot of work. try herculiner, I heard its great ima redo min with it

8. rjigto4oje

It's not my daily driver im only able to work 3 to 4 hours a day ive been at it for 2 weeks on and off thanks for the advice I'll take all that I can get I wrench for a living so between side jobs and work I got it done I want to take the rubber matt out and check the floor I'll try and keep posting thanks

9. rjigto4oje

Her is a pic of my 2 trucks I have to do the driver's side first the pass side was done 2 year's ago

IMG_1089.jpg

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  10. rjigto4oje

Took the driver's side fender off today started on the rocker and found that the floor needs to be repaired not what I was hoping for put more sheet metal work at least it will be stronger than it is right now then under coat the crap out of it

11. rjigto4oje

Got the floor pan time to get cutting will post pics asap

12. rjigto4oje

I welded it the drivers side floor pan now time to do other side its about the size of a license plate then seam sealer and paint no pics yet a little crazy I've been working on a buddy's motor home did buy a flanging tool to help speed up the process

13. rjigto4oje

Welded the driver's side rocker panel then the compressor took a crap blew a head gasket part on order until friday will post pics soon

14. rjigto4oje

I got the compressor up and running the first coat of primer Is on paint this week floors done pics soon

15. rjigto4oje

I painted the driver's side today I'll put it back together tomorrow then paint the bottom of the bed hopefully I'll be able to drive it by early next week

16. rjigto4oje

Sorry forgot to add pics

Screenshot_2014-10-10-17-35-29.jpg

Screenshot_2014-10-10-17-35-33.jpg

17. dodgegmc1213

looks good...wish I can get into painting myself

18. rjigto4oje

The paint is the easy part the body work is the hard part youtube has a lot of good videos were you can learn I recently purchased a new gun from Eastwood and it lays on the paint smooth I got the gun called evolution i only use it for color and clear there are 2 spots im not happy with but luckly there in the door jamb that will have to wait until spring as i have another whit ram that needs 1 rocker and 2 cab corners I'll post pics of that truck as well any questions pm me or if you're interested in learning

19. dodgegmc1213

i don't think I would have the patience to get the mixture right and all that. my father got me a husky gun about god 5 or 6 years ago still haven't taken it out of the box. I was going to use it to paint the plows with majic paint from tractor supply, that stuff is for dummies, you take 1 bottle of that brands hardener and reducer and add to every gallon of paint...now that's easy lol theres even an easier way...plasti dip lol

20. rjigto4oje

Too funny thanks