1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another bombed forcast for Xmas in CT.. Ugh

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Maleko, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Now it looks like its headed out to sea..
    Unreal... More hype.. Than the let down.

Was supposed to snow a bit tonight (Wednesday) But of course gonna be nothing..

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Relax. I think you're speaking too soon.

We could be in for it here......but I'm not going to hold my breath or even mention snow amounts.

3. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

I know how ya feel. Its like getting a false boner.

4. mjlawncare

mjlawncare Senior Member

There is still the potential for a major snowstorm, but now the period of concern has been pushed back to Sunday night and Monday. The computer guidance models are forecasting a blockbuster of a coastal storm and are suggesting Connecticut will get at least some snow. However, there are still some big discrepancies among the models when it comes to the storm track. Thus, we can’t rule out heavy snow and gusty winds. We also can’t rule out a much lighter snowfall if the storm takes a more easterly track further away from the New England Coast. As new information comes in we will be sure to keep you updated. In any case, other than tonight’s snow showers, there should be no big weather problems through the daytime hours of Sunday

5. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

ya i debated to load the sander today incase we get ground cover. But decided not to..
    if it does i guess ill be headed to the supply yard in the morning...

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

im deffinitly ready for some snow too

8. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

I believe the only flakes to be seen with this weekend storm for my area of ct. will be the "used car salesmen" aka weathermen. Hope I'm wrong but just can't buy into the hype the last few years.

9. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

Maybe 1 inch or 2

10. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

The pattern has established itself- Cape Cod and SE Mass are the target zone for this winter similar to the Mid Atlantic last year. CT guys, its just not our year. Dissappointing.

11. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

As a Raleigh native, I predict a rain event at most for Raleigh.

I was hoping, still am, that Maryland gets hit as all of my current contracts, and plow, are up there waiting for me to hook back up and get to work.

12. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

Yes-it does seem that this pattern that we are in is quite stubborn and very similiar to the one that kept us from getting the big storms the latter part of last year,especially here in south central ct. Hopefully it will change before winter is over but I have already resigned to the fact that we are not going to see much action this season. Just kills me to see the trucks,materials and equipment sitting costing instead of making money but its all part of the snowplowing business-always and expensive gamble.

13. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

Maybe it is time to spend the Winter down south

14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

We may get a foot of snow. It's going to be a busy day tomorrow. 36 hours ago it was a trace - 2 inches.

15. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

And it can suddenly change back to that trace-2 inches. Stranger things have happened. Not liking how over confident all the weather guessers seem to be. Hope the guess holds true. Time will tell.

16. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

The weather channel just said the track has shifted closer to the coast.

Like they say on the infomercials,"Actual results may vary."