1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another BIG Snowstorm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaveO, Nov 30, 2000.

1. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

After listening to all the forecasts for a potential NorEaster. The 1st real snowfall of the season, yada, yada, yada.

We got a whole one inch of RAIN....SSDY

Anybody else get any white stuff ???

And Storm, the ETA was on the $$$$.

2. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

no snow here!

Our forecast was rain wednesday night during to snow around 12am. we were supposed to get 1-3" of snow on the pavement. Before i went to bed, i check ed the temperature and it was 40 degrees. woke up this morning hoping for some snow and see nothing. what a dissapointment. i heard new jersey got the snow, mayb Tim10 75, chuck or BRL got some play. forecast is for snow/rain on tuesday and wednesday i think.

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

3 more inches this morning.

Sorry guys.

We just sent out our invoices for last week (up to and including today). You'd be drooling if you knew where the decimal point is located....... record breaking November revenue month...
  4. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

No snow here i was really upset i wanted to go out and play with my truck.
  5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Re: no snow here!

Youre in Fairfield Co right? Forecast was NEVER for 1-3 on pavement, the stations who traditionally overdo it forecast up to 3 but most others were predicting rain. We did get 2 inches in Hartford Co but it all stuck to the grass nada on paved surfaces.

Better luck next time!!!!
  6. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Flurries here in VT, all day. Not a flake to be seen on the ground as it was 35 or so and it even melted on the grass. It's still snowing lightly now, so if the temperature drops overnight I may get to shake a little salt in a few places but that will be about all.
  7. Stephen

Stephen Member

we had two to three inches of snow and slush, just enough to scrape all the commercial accounts and sand. its nice to have a little storm or two to make sure everything is up to snuff in the beginning instead of getting hammered and having lots of problems with equipment or help
  8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Started raining around 10 pm,turned to snow at 7 am this morning,we got an inch or 2 on the grass by 10,nothing on blacktop,it was all none by noon.These forcasters are so off base anymore.
  9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Rain changed over to snow at 6 am, and by 7 am we were getting slush on the paved surfaces. By 9 am we had all
    accounts salted with magic salt, and they all melted off with in 10 min of application.
    Now I dont know if it was the fact that the ground was still warm, or that the stuff works that well. But anyway the results were great.
  10. mowing king

mowing king Junior Member

i had Magic salt in the back of the truck and i drove thru the lots and the rain and slushed just melted away. i did not even spread it had just kept it in the truck. melting rain its a great gig if you can get it. i am really looking forward to melting snow and ice. that sweet sugar smell of magic makes people hungry i think i'll sell donuts on the side. Good luck and good melting
  11. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Steve you just have to get after it quicker. We actually had to plow up in the I park. That hill gets more snow than down in the valley that you plow. Unlike you I provide the highest level of service, and it takes a special type of service provider to melt all that rain. hehe
  12. mowing king

mowing king Junior Member

your correct the hill gets more. Jewett city was all rain, i was sitting in a parking lot hoping to turn that spreader on. thanks to a winter preparness article i read we were ready to go. no snow this time, but at least we are ready.
    blew my cover or did you check my email?
  13. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

It started raining around 7 pm and change to snow around 11 pm but it never stuck to the pavement. Did not even get to spread some magic salt. It was very disappointing.
  14. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

It may be a go here by morning! Snow is still falling, slowly but steadily, and starting to cover the pavement. Temperature is still just above freezing and due to drop so it may be just enough to justify trying out the new spreader at about 4 AM.
  15. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Have fun with the new toy.

16. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

OK John,

Don't rub it in. Not all of us are fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time with the right weather conditions. Sounds to me like Erie is the snowplowers Nirvana.

By the way, my plow is on the truck, and we haven't had a flake fall in my area.

Talk about being depressed !!!