1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another BIG Noreaster

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaveO, Dec 30, 2000.

1. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

NOT!!!!

After ALL the hype, we got 2" of slush. When are we going to get a real storm around here.

Geoff, Dino,Bill.... What did you guys get?

Dave

2. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

I got 12 inches of driy fluffy snow in Pa! I just got in since early this morning! My phone was ringin of the hook all day from last minute people wanting to be on my route.

3. Mike Hughes

Mike Hughes Member

I am northwest of philadelphia.......got about 9-10 inches.

4. Redmowers

Redmowers Junior Member

5" and still coming down Maybe a 1'by morning.But since when can they predict the weather?

5. Toddppm

Toddppm Member

We're at the southernmost part of where it was supposed to start, they were predicting anywhere from 3-10".Yeah OK

Woke up to sunny skies

6. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Dave I feel your pain . Here in Boston we got 1 lousy stinkin inch.

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

Midway airport in Chicago got 10" of lake affect snow from this last storm, 41" for the month. :)

8. FIREMAN

FIREMAN Member

well it was for me........
    Caldwell airoprt N.J......20"...I love snow

9. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

We got 20-22",all in about 14 hrs,it was snowing between 3" and 4" an hr from 11 am-1pm,white out,almost impossible to drive on the roads,I had all 3 trucks out,had no problems.

10. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Eric ELM,

I think we've gotten more snow in December that we have in the last two years combined! Can't wait to see what January and February are gonna bring...

-Tim

11. Redmowers

Redmowers Junior Member

We got 14" over night with high winds 2 and 3'+ drifts well time to go move some more!!

12. Dusty

Dusty Member

We got about 14" in North Woodsock CT.

13. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

10 inches in glastonbury connecticut

14. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Got 7 inches then rain. Rain was not forcasted.

15. GrassGoddess

GrassGoddess Junior Member

With the predicted 3-6 inches,we got nothing in D.C. Very dissappointed.:(

16. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

I'm just outside of Phily, we got around 6-10. had to plow all drives & clear all walks twice. We were out from 6:30 in the morning till around midnight. Stopped home for about an hour & 1/2 to eat and put some dry cloths on. This was my first time out and I must say all went very well. The honda blowers that Dino and alot of other guys recomended are worth their weight in gold. Them suckers will eat through a 2 ft snow bank if you don't hold them back. We were blowing circles around "Joe Home owner" with the big 2 stage Depot specials!! Can't wait for the next event.............LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. jammin

jammin Junior Member

Oh yeah

Woke up at two a.m. two inches of snow, went to sleep, heard two state truck plow drivers plowing at six wow what happened four inches time to call drivers and shoveler. Started plowing by nine got eight inches fluffy powder, come on snow machine lets rock and roll. Hope everyone can get some of this,pushes like no tommorrow... jammin Back around in am to clear againtommorrow

18. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

10-12" in NW Vermont, along with one tire popped on a broken off marker stake (or maybe the culvert it was marking), one broken cylinder pivot bolt which resulted in a cut hose as well, and one cell phone that went brain dead. Other than that we got all the per push twice. Time for some sleep and then out tonight and tomorrow to clear the commercials for opening hour on Tuesday.

19. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Stamford and Greenwich Connecticut got approximately
    16 inches...

Seemed more like 20 in a few of my accounts in North Stamford.

Had people calling the house and waving me down all day!!!

20. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

called drivers in friday got plows ready loaded with salt and de icer for walks for cast for 6" or more saturday came and went NO SNOW HERE. GOTTA LOVE THE WEATHER MAN -- " NOT"