1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another bad ground wiring question.?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by blzn74, Jan 30, 2002.

1. blzn74

blzn74 Member

Futher into my search for my 81 3/4ton 4x4's ground problem, I have decided to redo the grounds in my truck, I have redone the Battery to frame, frame to body, and body to block. I have noticed a significant improvement, in electrical connections, IE:brighter headlights,but I still have the problem of my gauges loosing power(what I mean is when I turn on the headlights, my oilpump pressure drops 5 to 10 psi , my thermestat for the water temp raises 10 degrees,and my voltmeter drops 2 or 3 volts) One last question: There is a ground block under the dash ,closest to the driver door,with about 6 or 8 connections points on it and only 1 being used, what else ( or what in general )is supposed to be grounded to this block?

Thanks ahead for any input.,
  2. blzn74

blzn74 Member

I answered my own question, under the dash, the ground I was talking about, it is a grounding block for the whole dash, come to noticed that the grounding block wasnt grounded, its supposed to be grounded to the body by a 1/2 in bolt, which is also a mount for the parking break pedal, I put in the 1/2 in bolt , low and behold all my gauges work like they are supposed to.