1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

another bad can......

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by loudredram, Jan 22, 2009.

1. loudredram

loudredram Member

So I finally went out a bought a can of fluid film, never tried it before. Working on my skid steer this morning what the hell let me try it on the controls to try to free them up. I push down on the trigger start spraying go to stop and the can wont, pull the sprayer out and now its just spraing in the air till the can empted out.....well so much for using the rest of the can......BTW stuff works great what I sprayed freed right up
  2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Dano or Joy

can you use the #'s on the bottom of the cans to track a certain lot. and deal with them?
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a case, and have had 3 bad cans outy of it so far. They work for a short while, then nothing. I have had 4 good cans so far, but I am not liking the odds for the other 5. It's a great product, and I use it on everything, but paying almost twice as much per can is real expensive.
  4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

where are you storing the cans?.. i know FF will work in cold weather but i know i have had som cans of zep in the cold and it made them so they wouldnt work either
  5. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

That is a good point. Fluid Film doesn't freeze and will work in sub-zero temperatures, but when you are dealing with an aerosol can, you have to consider the propellant. Storing it in freezing temperatures could create some problems if the can is used under those conditions.

I'll send you a PM loudredram and get it worked out.
  6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I store mine in my garage. It is an unheated garage, but it's insullated so well that nothing freezes in it. I have a culligan water cooler, you know the kind that dispenses water out of a 5 gallon jug, anyhow it never freezes up, and I keep water in it year round.
  7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

in a garage it shouldnt freeze.. but how cold does it get in the garage? like i said i have had a problem with the cans just because of the cold weather so i would say less then 40* might create a problem
  8. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

We use it at work

We use F.F at NH DOT, District wants us to use it on our slack adjusters(Pins) every time we lube the trucks(Once a week).We have had a few cans loose their air about half full. So in the trash they went...The garage never gets below 50*.
    I spray all my hydraulic quick disconnects,electrical fittings,wing cables etc with it.
    I have been using F.F outside of work for the past four years. I purchased a couple of cases to resell but ended up keeping them for my personal use.I couldn't compete with some of the mail order places selling F.F.
  9. Clint

Clint Member

"Storage of FF in Cold Temps?" I had asked this question awhile ago and the replies I got said no problem, well those people obviously don't know what I meant by cold !!!
    New England temps hovering around 0F for over a month.:dizzy:

Today I went out to the barn to spray a drain coupler with a full can of FF I had stored out there since fall...a little FF spritz out of the can then nothing...I brought the can indoors to warm it up, and I'll report back to this thread if the can starts working again.:confused:

I have 11 more full cans stored out in the garage, but I won't touch those until the temps warm up... will let you know then if there is a problem.

10. Clint

Clint Member

2 days in the house, and the can that froze up is working fine now, so warming up a can after it has been stored in a very cold place does help.

11. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

thats funny i think i said that it wouldnt be a good idea if i remember correctly :rolleyes:
  12. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I just bought 7 cans and out of the 4 I've used 1 wouldn't stop spraying and 1 got about half empty and quit working. That stuff is alot of money to go to waste!!
  13. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

Same thing happend to me with the FREE sample can that was sent to me.
  14. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

We really don't hear about problems with cans that often. If there was a problem, it must have been with a particular batch from our packager.

PM's sent.
  15. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

We do apologize for this inconvenience. Just go ahead and pm either me or Dano and we will take care of it ASAP..

16. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Clint you put em in the microwave didnt u
  17. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

microwave? what? uh oh....