1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another Angle problem

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Duncan90si, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I hooked up to my Hiniker straight blade and it won't angle left or right. It will go up and down just fine. All my connections out at the pump are tight, cleaned and have di-electric grease on them. I have replaced the troublesome round plug at the grill with 2 4 prong trailer plugs last year. All of those connections are clean and greased. The plug inside for the controller is perfect with no broken pins or corrosion.

What are the chances of both angle solenoids being bad? I'm not that familiar with Hiniker, so thats why I'm asking for help. Any one with some advice for me to get this thing working? Thanks in advance.

2. tripper

tripper Junior Member

Has the plow been siting for a while? Does the motor run when attempting to angle?

3. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I has sat since about May when I used it to push some grass around my dump area. Yes, the motor runs when you attempt to angle.

4. tripper

tripper Junior Member

5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Thanks tripper. That was the culprit.