1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another 79 Power Wagon, I couldn't say no

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Tadjou, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Tadjou

Tadjou Junior Member

I was offered this truck for $400. It belonged to a church. It has original, documented 25k miles. Factory installed plow unit. Someone had started to restore this truck, they re-did the whole frame. The frame was painted, new shocks installed and brakes. Then a bonus, a new lock out hub assembly installed and front disc brakes. The interior is mint. No rust other then surface rust where they started to sand the sheet metal. Then someone came along and vandalized it, kicked in the driver side door and fender. Smashed all the glass. The owner got frustrated and sold it to me. I included a pic of my other 79 PW. Question, why is the headlights on my blue truck round and the other is rectangular? They are both 79's and factory installed plow units. Is it because the truck I just bought is a Sweptline model?

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there good trucks i dont care what people say
  3. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

My guess it could be something to do with the build dates. Or has somebody done some swapping with the front end???

Either way, nice looking Dodges,
    Mark K
  4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Like 78 fords some that year came with round and some came not so round.
    mid year light change?
    Dodge finaly came to light mid 79?
  5. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

All I can think of is that the church's truck must be a 79 1/2, as you'd assume the 4 lights is a design upgrade. If the 80 Dodge p/u has the same, then I'd say that's the answer.
  6. Tadjou

Tadjou Junior Member

Thanks for all the replies.
  7. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Are either of those the Sno-Commander?