1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Another 7"-8" snowstorm on Oct. 24th, 2008

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Well, this latest storm was forecasted to dump up to 16" on us last night, but I thought if we even get half that, I'll be busy, and that's about what we got. So, I was out at 4:30 am this morning pushing like a mad-man. My biggest commercial contract is with the school district, and the whole place has to be cleared & done by 7:30 am. So I snapped a few photos of this job, even tho it was still snowing hard,...

Sc 3 (Small).JPG

Sc 2 (Small).JPG

2. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I took some pictures with flash, others without,... flash showed the snow falling more, without flash was better, but harder to hold without making them blurry...

Sc 4 (Small).JPG

Sc 5 (Small).JPG

Sc 11 (Small).JPG

3. BETHELSKIER

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Looks like a nice powdery snow. We still have leaves on the trees down here but its getting colder. Have fun with the snow!payup

4. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Always a few cars in the way, but at least I didn't have to worry about backing over any kids this early,..:D

Sc 6 (Small).JPG

Sc 8 (Small).JPG

Sc 9 (Small).JPG

5. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Yep, about +12° this morning,... but supposed to get down to -15° tonight,... so I'd say we are in full-blown winter mode at this point & on,...

Sc 7 (Small).JPG

6. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

more of the same,....

Sc 10 (Small).JPG

Sc 12 (Small).JPG

Sc 13 (Small).JPG

7. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Just starting to get light when I was done,... I'll have more later tonight of some jobs done today during daylight hours,....:waving:

Sc 15 (Small).JPG

Sc 14 (Small).JPG

Sc 16 (Small).JPG

8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Wow AKboss! im jealous, so how many plowable events have you so far?

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Sweet pics AKboss!:redbounce You do very neat work! Why dont you give the boss blade a work out next time?:redbounce

10. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

that looks so fun lol. I hope we get a nice storm like that here this year, we had a decent 4-5 incher last year.

11. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

those are sweet.. now send that cold air this way and let it SNOW

12. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Like tls22 said...you do very neat work.

I'm jealous of the snow, can't wait to get the first push in.

13. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

oh man does that blizzard really work nice :drinkup:

14. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

damn western UP and northern Wis gettin anywhere between 5-12 inches

15. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Very nice, makes me jealous!

Also, if your camera has an adjustable ISO feature, you can turn it up to help reduce blurriness, however there will be a bit more noise within the picture itself.

- Dan

16. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

thats how i like my drive when im done, you cant put a price on quality.imo i guess you can thatll be 39.95lol

17. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

don't know if someone already asked this or not, but how come you don't have any weight in the back??? Nice work and sweet truck too!!

18. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I guess we've had about 3 so far,... first one on Sept. 30th was about 9", then we had several light dustings, with one about 3" or so, and even tho that isn't isn't enough for people here to worry about, I had several jobs by folks that hadn't had it done to that point, then yesterday was about 7"-8", with some areas a little more, some less, altho most of what had fallen up until yesterday had melted. I plowed from 4:30am until almost mid-night, with one lunch/gas break about 4pm. Got up this morning to -18 below zero, so I don't think this is gonna melt,... :D:bluebounc

a (Small).JPG

a 17 (Small).JPG

19. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Wow you are sure lucky. I cannot wait for the snow to come here in SE Wisconsin!

Very nice equipment too. My cousin owns a snowplowing business and he has boss and blizzard plows. He loves all the v-plows he has, but the blizzard with the extendable wings is quickly becoming his favorite.

20. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I usually do, and will later, but these first dry & light snows push very easy, with no big piles or snow banks to deal with yet. Truck doesn't work hard at all to do this, but later on, I will strap something on the back. Will post more pics later today,.. last night when I got home, I went right to sleep.... I think I can get caught up with all the plowing by the end of today, if I don't get too many more calls,... :salute:

a 18 (Small).JPG

b (Small).JPG