1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

annoying newb here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bigred875, Mar 3, 2006.

1. bigred875

bigred875 Junior Member

Hi all...i'm pretty sure this is one of those dead horse topics you guys have beaten to death..but i have tried searching and have not found much... the search function and me do not see eye to eye.....

ok for startersI am 6' red hair blue, i am out going and enjoy pina coladas and walks in the rain...wait wrong site:jester:

Seriously, about a month ago I bought an 03 2500hd duramx and i want to put a plow on it... I have to opportunity to get a 2 year old fisher miniute mount set up and have it installed on my truck for $3500..possibly less. It has a scape blade and the foil thing on top of the blade(pls excuess my ignorance). Is it worth buying a used set up? How much does this cost new? I am hearing around $5k..is there anything i should look for as far as wear and tear?

Also, how does this effect my warranty...the truck has 45k on it and the remaining of the 100k...i also bought the 36k bumper to bumper...

Should i beef up the front end at all? thanks in advance for your help...sorry if this is one of "those" topics...

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

$3500 seems like a lot for a two year old plow...but what size plow is it...is it a straigt blade, or a Vee blade...what is the condition... is there rust, does it look like it was beat up...

Also is your truck an extended cab, crew cab, or regular cab... long box or short box?? This will dictate what size plow your truck can handle.

Also what do you intend on plowing with it... just your driveway... a bunch of residentials... commercial lots... this will also effect the size and type of plow we would recommend...

3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i got a brand new meyer c8 installed for $3800

4. bigred875

bigred875 Junior Member

thanks for the responce...I think that sounds a little high...i may be able to get him to $3k..but this is also installed..

I believe it is an 8ft straight blade...i am not sure of the condition yet...i havent seen it.....I hear it is like new...but we all know how that goes...

My truck is an ext cab with the short bed. I plan to do my driveway, my grandparents and my mothers...which is a parking lot(was a commercial building before she converted it). I would probably do other residential driveways..and possibly try for town work..but something tells me that isnt a good idea...

5. millratf250

millratf250 Member

my 8ft hd fisher new was $3500 installed:dizzy:

6. bigred875

bigred875 Junior Member

really....can you recommend a place in New England? I knew this didnt sound right when a chevy dealer quoted me $4k...but i wasnt positve on the brand...I thought it was fisher...then i heard how much others were paying...then figured the dealer was telling me his cost because i was asking him in passing...

7. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

An 8' fisher HD is about $4500 installed with cutting edge and snofoil!---If you bought one new for $3500 your doing something right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you can get it in the nieghborhood of3K or south by alittle bit(2800) installed I think it would be a good deal! Go to your local fisher shop or call for a Quote. Ask them what a new one goes for---Installation around here got to be at least $500. Does your truck have a snow plow prep pkg?

8. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Hey Bigred welcome to the site. There is a place in Uxbridge MA calles stanley truck equipment. That should only be like a 15 min. ride for you. They are a fisher dealer and should have what you are looking for.

9. bigred875

bigred875 Junior Member

no I don't believe it does so i will have to beef up the frt end a little...

Plowfast9957 - thanks i have heard about them ...i'll take a look

10. Cobra1832

Cobra1832 Junior Member
    from Ma

I recently got an 8ft Fisher MM2 installed on my 06 F250 for $4100 including tax ($3900 w/out tax) at North East Winter Products in N Andover Ma. Nice guys, took about 3.5 hours. They had the best price of anywhere in Ma that I spoke to.

Good Luck,
    Mike

11. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

For that price you could get a brand new plow with a warranty. Go with a plow that you can get good service on.

12. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

n.e winter prod

hey cobra
    thats not in the the old western electric is it? i heard there was
    a plow dealer in there

13. bigred875

bigred875 Junior Member

awesome...i'll give them a call thanks...

14. Cobra1832

Cobra1832 Junior Member
    from Ma

Western,

I think the building used to be a Lucent facility. The place is huge. The guys name was Jim.

Mike

15. ksgcapecod

ksgcapecod Member

I think your mistake was getting a price through the Chevy dealer. They are marking the price up. More than likely they send the truck out to have the plow installed and tacking on a handling fee. I got a Diamond DTE 8' with snow foil installed for just under $3700.

16. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

yup thats it we co. /att/lucent

17. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

County Wide plows im Pittsfield had the same price, $4100 for a brand new Fisher mm2 installed. Kinda a long drive for you, but just letting you know the price.

18. bigred875

bigred875 Junior Member

good info thanks

19. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

wy not try out buckys in cranston RI