1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Annoying neighbor.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by shep28, Feb 27, 2012.

1. shep28

shep28 Member

I plow a drive and whenever I show up, this old lady stares at me through her blinds. She actually will go from window to window staring. Today, guess what happened? I became unfocused and ripped a section of her grass out- the drive I plow is very narrow.
  2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Dont be concerned about her. People are always watching.

Go knock on her door, tell her you damaged her lawn and will repair in the spring.
  3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Exactly. Need to meet her in person.

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Deny deny deny

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

That's what I do when I tore up somebody's lawn, just be nice about it.

My neighbors are the same, except they like to stay on my behind about my equipment being outside. Only the one neighbor on the ENTIRE BLOCK cares to call the city. More than likely because my lawn has looked better dring the summer :jester:
  6. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

You're PLOWING SNOW? No wonder they're watching you. I would watch you, too.....In ENVY. But seriously, people love to watch other people work. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless she calls you. So who's the real perv? Her watching you, or you watching her? haha
  7. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member

Just look right at her and give Her a Big Wave she might be lonely .
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Old people always watch, they think they'll get ripped off if they don't watch.
  9. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Maybe she thinks your cute , blow her a big kiss and maybe she will invite you in for coffee............or something! :laughing::laughing:
  10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What's your point? Are you saying it's her fault you damaged her lawn?
  11. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

She was watching to make sure you didn't tear something up. Opps you did just talk to her and replace it.
    I used to plow a senior living center and got a lot of window lookers. You would be amazed at how lonely elderly are. I started to wave at the window watchers after my second or third time plowing there and then they started to wave back.
    Once the granddaughter was visiting and she came out with a plate of cookies warm out of the oven. She said her grandmother wanted to say hello and thanks for plowing even though she had not driven in years.
  12. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I've gotten more work just being the friendly guy who waves at neighbors than any other method.

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

x2 on that, I tend to wave at the people that arnt having a bad day.