1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Annoying dingers

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by EarthWorks, May 2, 2001.

1. EarthWorks

EarthWorks Junior Member

The door open dinger on my 2001 F-250 drives me nuts! I don't need a dinger to tell me that the door is open. I easily unplugged it on my 97 250, but I have not been able to find it on my new one. Anyone figured out how to get rid of the noise?
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Member

3. ding no more!

If you look in your owners manual it will give you instructions on how to deactivate your dinger. I read it about two months ago and can't recall exactly how the sequence goes, but it involves turning the key on and off and the headlight switch on and off in a certain sequence. Hope this helps..
  4. ding no more!

I had a chance to look in my manual. For the 2001 model year the proceedure is on page 99.

MATTHEW Member
    from NE OHIO

What I did was to follow the sound carefully and I found an electronic cartridge that plugs into wires. Pulled it off and stuck it in the glovebox!