1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angry Plower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sgrprincees, Feb 8, 2004.

1. sgrprincees

sgrprincees Junior Member

I was backdragging a driveway the other day and noticed a vehicle stopped in the middle of the street down the street, and thought nothing of it for a while. He watched me for at least 5 minutes. I pushed the row of snow that I had dragged down the driveway into the curb between it and the adjacent driveway, and then hit it from an angle to knock it back from the road a bit. So I got out of the truck to shovel, and another plower pulled up in his truck and pointed out to me that he had just shoveled the driveway next to the one I was doing, and I left a trail of snow at the bottom that he wanted me to shovel up. I noticed one large chunk which I shoveled up, and told him that that's all I was going to shovel up and walked away. There was very little snow at the bottom of this driveway, maybe one small shovelful spread over the gutter, not really in the driveway. I can't imagine that anyone would notice it. What do you guys think?
  2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

screw him i have a guy next door that owns a nursery and owns a house across the street he told me i cant push snow across on public property im like yah right you don't like it call the cops i don't leave snow in the street it piled neat and the other day he took his skid steer and put some snow on my yard did i ***** nope its snow get over it
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like the guys got plow truck envy. The next guy will be shooting snow into the street. I travel rt angled in my neighborhood, I drop the plow and put idiots snow back in his drive.
  4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I get the same crap from people sometimes. Complaining that I put it on the boulevard, that they don;t even own. Usually, the lady of the house. Last time I said...."Lady, what do you want me to do, eat the stuff?"

Trouble is, she told me where I could put it....and that wouldn't be too comfortable.
  5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Back in the days when i plowed my drive with a quad I lived across the street from a real butt head. We had a single wide drive so my wife would park on our tree lawn. So one day i went out and plowed our drive and i also cleared out where my wife parked her van. So after i was down i retired to the house only to hear 5 Min's later the guy that lived across the street pushing snow from his drive and another neighbors drive rite where i had just cleared for my wife to park. So by the time i had gotten my shoes on i went out and he was gone. So i got back on my quad and push the damn snow back into his drive. After i finished up , went back in the house only to look out an hour later to see him doing it again. Now i have to stop rite here to tell you guys that he didnt push one shovel full into his yard. So once again I go out to confront him about this whole matter to find him heading down the street again. Well just that fall we had sewers installed and his yard was still tore up. I said to myself thats it im not going to take this mess anymore. I got back on my quad and proceeded to stack as much snow as i could find up against both of his front doors. After about 20 Min's of pushing 4 feet of snow up to his doors he he comes down the street AGAIN. Well he tries to run me over with his truck! Finally he figured out he was never going to hit me, so he gets out and starts chasing me. Its was the funnest thing i had ever seen, i kept circling his truck out in the middle of the street with him falling all over the place. He must have falling 6 time all the while callin me every 4 letter name in the book. Now this guy is in his 60's and hes chasing me! God i was laughing so hard till he turned and headed for his front seat, i thought he was going to pull a gun on me, well i took off between the houses, only to turn back to see him on his cell phone. I tell ya i thought he was going to shoot me over this crap. Well to make a long story short the cops showed up told him to cut the crap. They didnt even stop at my house. cause his yard was so tore up from the sewer project he couldnt get his truck to clear his front doors. So he spent the next 2 hours of shoveling to clear the snow from his front doors.

Now i have to back up, before this all happened he and i were at odds. He had come over one night bout a year earlier and threatened my wife cause our trash can blew over (trash night) and some of recyclables had blew into his yard. Rite there it was on. I told that #$%&^^$# to go$%%^&&%%^ self and he had better get back to his side of the street before i laid his butt out rite in my front yard. His whole thing is back then we were starting over in out life and we was just renting this house and as far as he was concerned we had no rite to be there. This guy was off his rocker. We took care of this yard and house as if was our own. We didnt have broken down cars in the front yard. Hell i was have a buddy of mine to come over the to spray fertilizer on my rented grass, thats how much i took care of this place.

My whole point to this is i would have gone out of my way to get along with this guy and sometimes we have to bend so much it hurts, but you have to learn what is the breaking point is. I have since moved into our own home and all of out neighbors love our family. We help each other and its great. Some ppl are just :yow!: idiots...Rob
  6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I kind of had a similar situation only with a resident. I plow two apartment complexes and a seperate contractor does the thied one next to them.(Seperate owners) The other guy always pushes the snoe from the lot across the street into another property.:nono: The lady that owns that property came over and accused me of doing it. After a heated arguement, she realized she was wrong and apologized. I can't wait until I see that other guy.:nod: :gunsfiring:
  7. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

The guy must not be very busy if he can sit there for 5 minutes and watch you.

I have an ongoing battle at a commercial lot I do. There's a liquor store next door that's kind of tight for space. Their plow guy always pushes his pile a bit onto the property I do. I wouldn't usually care, but there ends up being like 3 feet of snow on a sidewalk I have to shovel. So rather than shovel it, I just plow the pile back onto their property...and he plows it back....and I plow it back. This pile probably has a couple of miles on it by now, LOL.
  8. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Rookies !!!! :realmad: He was just jealous.... :D next time push a big pile in his drive LOL Just kiddin.....
  9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You can always tell when someones a rookie or just does not know any better. You see them cover fire hydrants, make areas tight, pile so high people can't see to get out on the road, pile against the dumpster, put snow on the sidewalk. Most of them have no plan on where they are going to put the snow just keep making it tighter and tighter for cars.