1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angling valving differences

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by brian79z, Dec 20, 2007.

1. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

As it angles right, if I stop at anytime during the angling, the blade stops immediately and quickly Like a sudden jabbing jerking stop...

As it angles left, if I stop at any time during the angling, the blade drifts to a stop. It is a very soft & muted stop, no jerking, and the time between the control pad stop and the blade actually stopping is about 1 second.

When someone struck my blade with his Ford Explorer 2 weeks ago, the blade was straight, and he hit it, which forced a complete angle to the right.

Would you just live with this issue? Or do you think I have a minor seal swell/tear/cut on one of the valves?

EDIT: in addition.. The left angle never used to drift like this.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  2. lehmand1

lehmand1 Member

I am curious of this also as my blade does the same thing

I just assumed that this issue was because angling right your are controlling it with the c-valve and when you let off the switch/button the valve immediatly stops the flow of fluid and when you angle left there are no valves that control that direction as it is just the default "for lack of better terms" route that the fluid takes when the pump is running and no valves are activated

3. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

Anyone?? Bueller??

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

When angling to the left the motor just runs so when you let off the switch the motor just wind down. When angling right the b valve is open, when you release the switch on a Slik Stik or Twin Stick control that valve shuts before the motor can wind down causing the plow to jerk back to the left. The hand held controls have a delay built into them to keep the valve open until the motor stops......If using a hand held controller and having this problem, switch out the controller with a spare and see if that fixes the problem.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  5. brian79z

brian79z Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

Right... default left.. no valving, etc..

But this drift is getting worse.. My question was.. would you deal with this 1 second slow down, or would you be fine with it? It used to be much less than 1 second to stop.

6. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

This is normal for an E-60, not as noticible with an E-47 due to smaller pump flow.