1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

angling troubles

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by nathan11507, Sep 15, 2011.

1. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

okay here it is i have a meyers c-8 on 2002 avalanche. new meyers e 60 pump last year. the problem is it wont angle left at all and angles right fine but then is stuck cause it wont angle left. before spending a ton of money on stuff not needed. is the motor supposed to make noise when angling left cause i was told its a default mode when going left. it doesnt make any noise anywhere when hitting the controller which is a touch pad, is it the ram maybe or the hose or the coupler or all of the above.

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I'm no expert but I think your controller may be bad, the motor should run in all functions except for lowering the plow. I would see if I could borrow a controller and try it before I bought one. Good luck and keep us posted as these threads get searched by others later on and it may help someone esle out later.

3. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Ditto on the faulty controller...You could run a bypass but I bet the touch pad is going. Same symptoms I've read in other threads.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You should here the motor run when trying run the plow up, left, or right. Down is down only by opening the A valve, so motor will not run when going down. If you are not hearing any motor noise when pressing left it is most likely the touch pad like the others mentioned.

5. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

Okay is there a way for me to test the controller since i dont have or know anyone around with the same. Also this touchpad is like only a year and half old. The one before that it would angle right and left no problem but then u have to bumb the right button to get it to come back from the left angle at all. So thats why i bought a new one and well here i am with nothing as far as going left. I then took the plow to meyers dealer and get this they took a brand new meyers touchpad and theres would only make go up and down i dont get it all im also planning on new hoses and couplers as well. But input how to test the control pad i have now would be awesome. Thanks in advance

6. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

did you check to see if the solenoid is working? You can "jump" to see if the motor will fire, watch your toes though! Just a quick hit should let you know.

7. kimber750

If the motor is not running when you press left and runs when you press up or right, your issue is in the controller. sorry

Do you still have the old controller? If so, try it.

8. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

No i dont have the old one anymore looks like im buying a new one son of a %$#@&. Lol oh well

9. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

How hard is it to switch to a different controller like a pistol grip or the stick controllers

10. kimber750

I know the touch pads had two different connectors. Been awhile since I looked at one of the pistol grip connectors so not sure if you can just swap them. I still use the slick stick in the truck that has the meyer plow. I will double check tomorrow with my local plow shop.