1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angling trouble

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by blade111, Jan 20, 2007.

1. blade111

blade111 Junior Member

I have recently bought a used Meyer E60 pump w/ poly plow. I just hooked it all up and it seemed to work fine at first but when I angled it all the way to the left, it got stuck & I can't seem to free it up (even by pushing against tree lightly & holding lever). Then I put my older E47 & steel blade back on the truck & the same thing happened. Anyone know why this would be happening? I can't get either one to angle back to the right. Any input & help would be greatly appreciated...supposed to snow tomorrow!

2. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

if did the sme thing w/ both setups our yuo using sme controller w/ both maybe switch is broke

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Could be either the controller (don't know what style you have) or the wire going to the "B" coil (red wire). Either the connection is bad, or the wire between the controller and the connection's at the pump is broken.Check the red wire out at the pump with a test light while holding the control in the angle right position.I think you'll find it has no power in it.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This is what happened's when runnin' on 3 hrs of sleep.I meant to type "C" coil (green wire) which is for angle right. NOT the "B" coil (red wire)! MY BAD!

5. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Change your couplers. They can be the source of alot of problems.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Normally I'd say yes to that too but,since he changed back to his previous pump and blade and the problem remained it's gotta be in the wiring.It was the only thing that wasn't changed.

7. ght1098

ght1098 Member

He didn't change the ones on the plow... Have had it happen.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

He said he changed back to his old E47 and steel blade so if he changed blade's I'd assume the hoses and coupler's were switched with it.

9. blade111

blade111 Junior Member

I did change everything, so B&B had it right. However, the problem was with a coupler. I took it off which caused a big release of pressure & put a new one on. Problem solved. Must be coincedence that same exact thing happened at the same to the other setup. Haven't had a chance to try changing that coupler to see if it provides same solution. Thanks for the help guys!!!

10. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Sorry, I missed the part about the blade in the op.