1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

angling problem with Meyer plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thomasjkt, Jan 16, 2004.

1. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

Here's the problem, I have a Meyer plow with an E47 pump, place the plow straight and you can push it by hand toward the passenger side, you can then pull it back to being straight by hand. You can not push it by hand to the driver side. Plowing like this is like having a fish in front of you instead of a plow. I changed the couplers but no help. Manual says to bleed system of air, not sure how to do that. Any suggestion as to what the problem is ? I just had the pump bench tested by Meyer dealer the other day and they replaced the "c " valve due to being shot.
  2. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

There is what they call the cross-over valve on the back of the motor(under the bolt with the cap and o-ring). This valve is in case you hit something hard, instead of blowing out the seal it releases the pressure there. This might have to be messed around with. If you call or email Meyer they will send you the repair and maintanence manual and that has the info on taking apart and putting it back together and adjusting it. I for get how you do it. Anyway you can try this. Or your c-valve may not be closing all the way.
  3. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

I had exactly this problem before. You may just need more hydraulic fluid; if one of your angle rams has none in it, you would have this problem.

Make sure you fill the pump with fluid, then angle all the way left and right five or ten times until the angle rams are full. If necessary, carefully drive the plow into a telephone pole (rock, whatever) while pressing the button to angle it, or have a helper push it by hand while operating the button (be VERY CAREFUL! In fact, don't do it this way at all). Be sure to top off the fluid as you go.