1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

angling problem,,,a little wierd

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rclay11541, Dec 13, 2004.

1. rclay11541

rclay11541 Member

Hello all,

Got my whole plow setup is ready to go. Execpt for the fact that i dont think its angling far enough. Ok folks heres the deal

Its a meyers E-47 H, on a conventional fisher setup. The issue is that when i angle it, it goes pritty far but not far enough (IMO). The pump makes the noise you hear when your plow is up all the way and your still holding the button down. THe rams dont fully extend/retract and teh plows not hitting nothing.

Any Ideas?

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

The pump will make more noise when it is against the stop at full up. As far as angling. make sure that you have enough fluid in system and air bled out too. That E47 has less volume than a standard Fisher pump and possible less pressure too but that should not stop it from cycling the full range in tilt/angle.

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Is something binding at close to full angle?

I'm not well versed in Fisher plows.

Have you tried to angle it manually (hoses off cylinders)?

They're not Meyer cylinders on a Fisher plow are they?

4. Tarkus

Good point because they should be 1 1/2 bore with a 12 inch stroke to work properly on a fisher plow.

5. rclay11541

rclay11541 Member

i can angle it without the hydralics on the plow all the way. It doesn't hit anything and it does have brandy new fisher pistons like the one tarkus said.

It dosen't hit anything but it sounds like it does. It is topped off as far as fluid goes.

Could having to much fluid in ther be the probelm? When fully retracted to one side the ram on that side still has about FIVE inches of ram not retracted.

HELP ME PLEASE! I WILL NEVER PICE TOGETHER A PLOW SETUP AGAIN AND IF I DO SOMEONE PLEASE COME HERE AND CRACK ME OVER THE HEAD W/ A SHOVEL!

6. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

5 inches of ram sound about right.
    The piston will not go all the way into the ram (at least not on the western rams)

Try disconnecting the hydro lines on the rams and push the blade with them disconnected. (To see how far the piston is supposed to retract).
    Drop the blade on a 2X4 in the center before disconnecting the lines to make this easier.

Then try disconnecting 1 ram from the blade, and see if you can extend or retract them far enough to hit the stops in the A frame.

I'm thinking that the rams may be a little to short for your application.

7. County Plow Eq.

County Plow Eq. Junior Member

do you have 10" rams or 12" rams on the blade?

8. rclay11541

rclay11541 Member

12 inch rams. This is really agravating me were supposed to be getting snow on friday through monday here and since its the first snow of the season im freakin out. Today i angled the plow to the right with the left angle ram off. It went all the way. Looks like i need an extra FIVE inches of ram. GOD I AM SO F*****!

9. Tarkus

Can you send pictures of your setup and problems?

10. HIGGINSTRUCKING

HIGGINSTRUCKING Junior Member

help

:help: where in nj are you if you want to come to my shop with it i would be happy to help if i can i,ve done this before you can make a bracket to make up the differnce and achave full angle

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  11. HIGGINSTRUCKING

HIGGINSTRUCKING Junior Member

one more thing as for the snow there saying sunday now so you have a little extra time :redbounce

12. rclay11541

rclay11541 Member

thansk Higgins I appretiate the offer. Im out of Hillsborough BTW. The truck is up at a welder right now. I managed to get Fisher to send me a CAD drawing of what the A-Frame is supposed to look like. Turns out that the pice of **** that sold me the A-Frame and plow must of had a really weird plow setup and i doubt that the blade that came with the A-Frame is the one he used.

Check this out.

The A-Frame has been welded and boxed in all over the place. He also moved the Ears where the rams connect to the a frame way farther back on it. He must of had a very large plow in use with this A-Frame. Then sold it to me as a working setup. I swear IF I EVER FIND THE PICE OF CRAP THAT SOLD ME THIS SETUP HE IS GOING TO HAVE A VERY BAD DAY!

Thanks everybody for all ur help im gona post pictures of the setup.

13. Tarkus

Is this a 7 1/2 foot Fisher? The older 7 1/2 and a 8 footer use a different A frame and if you use a 8 foot frame on a 7 1/2 the cylinders will not be long enough for full travel in angle

14. rclay11541

rclay11541 Member

tarkus it is an 8 foot frame 8 foot blade and the angle rams for the 8 foot blade.