1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angling adjustment

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RickyGasser, Feb 14, 2011.

1. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

I picked up a 9' HD plow and everything works fine except when I angle left or right, it continues to angle after I let off the button for a brief moment. I would like it to stop right when I release the button. Is there an adjustment for this? Thank You

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What kind of setup is this....Cable, or mm1 / mm2 style?

3. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

Sorry, it's the mm2 with insta-act. Thank you

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

It's the controller then.

5. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

Thanks. So there is no way to adjust this? I would also like to adjust the "give" when the corners hit something. Now, whenever I hit a bank, the corner that hits first always gives so the blade comes back straight

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

You can adjust your relief valve to hopefully fix that issue...it could possibly explain the lazy release as well....but 9 times out of 10 that turns out to be the controller in my experiences.

Have you gone through this plow yet (fluid change & pick up filter)? It may just need a good old service & cleaning. Remove all the valves and just plain go through everything. I know mid season isn't typicaly an ideal time to do this, but ti's something to consider.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  7. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

There looks like there are two relief valves beside each other on the right side of the valve body. Do I need to adjust both or is one specific for angle pressure?

8. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Are both sides doing it ???

If so adjust both..

But only turn each one (ABOUT) a quarter turn or less(in)both sides equally...It dose not take much to increase pressure so be very careful..
    To much and you will start blowing hoses.....

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  9. RepoMan207

from Maine

I would do both, yes.

10. BIGCUBES427

BIGCUBES427 Junior Member

If it has a FISHSTICK controller it has what Fisher calls "softtouch. Meaning that the coil stays energized for about a second after you release the button. The coil only. Even tho the motor relay shuts off. If it gets to a point where you cant deal with it, it can be annoying at times, try a joystick It'll get rid of that "blade drift."Thumbs Up

Dieter

11. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

All of my other trucks have joysticks, this is my first fishstick. I plowed with it this morning a bit, I'm already getting the hang of it I think. Thanks for everyone's help.