1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angles completely to right for no reason?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pancepance, Feb 10, 2014.

1. pancepance

pancepance Junior Member
    from ct

On my second season with 7'6" standard duty. Has worked great up to now. Just today when clearing only a couple inches I realized that when I push the right angle button every once in a while the blade will go full tilt to the right as if I were holding it down. Similar to the way it goes full up as a feature if you chose it to . This is happening after only touching the right angle button and releasing and only happening at random in no particular pattern. I am not holding it down or anything. I'll just tap it to angle a bit to the right and then it will sometimes just go all the way over to full right. The button does not seem to be sticking. All parts are a year old and have been used maybe 10 times. I cannot duplicate with the blade in the air. Only happens when in float. Is this a common issue? Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe faulty controller but it works for everything else just perfectly and if the controller why only in float and not raised? Could it be something in the multi-pin connector? I can tell that moisture has gotten in the truck side plug. I try to dry it out best I can.
    Of course this happens today with a storm forecasted for Wednesday so I cant leave it anywhere and expect it back before then. Was going to give a try at repair myself.
    Any thoughts are appreciated.
  2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I would have to say it is the Controller. Power is being sent to the solenoid and the angle relay. Can you try a different one?
  3. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Definitely the Controller.I replaced my old one ( joystick) and it has not happened once in 3 Years now.I learned the hard way, one nite it did its thing to the right and slammed right into a 16' Garage door. That was a costly mistake, door was $400 to replace VS $200 for a new Controller.