1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angled Drive Question With Pull Plow

Discussion in 'Daniels Plows Discussion' started by c2weech, Sep 8, 2010.

1. c2weech

c2weech Junior Member

So I am pretty sure that I am going to invest in a Daniels Pull Plow this year. The only remaining concern that i have is about the clearance when going up angled drives from street level and coming back down to street level from an upward angled drive.

Do these plows have enough clearance when doing this? I would hate to ruin the plow, assembly, or hitch

A good number of the drives I do are angled up from street level.

Anyone have any feedback? I haven't been able to find much.

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I'd recommend an ebling... they lift almost 3' up I'd say, and the hitch isnt too much bigger then your existing truck hitch.... JMO

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have to agree with Triple L. But if a ebling isn't in your budget a daniels is a good starter plow. My old daniels would lift about a good foot off the ground. Talk to your closest dealer about the adjustable hitch. I plow a lot of places with step angles and haven't had a issue with mine scraping the drives.
  4. c2weech

c2weech Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes ebling is out of my price range. Thats what I wanted to hear of someone that has had the same plow and used it under steep conditions.

From what I've read the Daniel's is a good starter plow the does a good job and with my budget right now the price is right.

Thanks again guys
  5. kandrts

kandrts Junior Member

If you need a price on an Ebling back blade give me a call, i am a dealer for them, and have quite a few instock still, fixed wings and hydro wings. 6163928377 ask for Robb or Kyle