1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angle rams rebuild

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jeep, Jul 31, 2011.

1. jeep

jeep Junior Member

Ok so I took my angle rams off and am re-sealing them. So it's now time to re-assemble them and I've lost one on the half moon pieces that go around the bottom of the ram. ( there are 2 to make a complete circle, they are the same size as the cylinder it self, and it appears that the are some kind of internal stop) Am I needing to buy these pieces or will it work just fine for the winter season? Or is it now time to buy a new ram?
    Thanks

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

you need both clips to keep the piston from shooting out of the cap when you extend it.

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

You need both. Try your local hydro shop that rebuilds rams, for the missing part, good luck.