1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angle Ram Question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mwalsh9152, Feb 12, 2016.

1. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I have a Diamond MD II with the 1.5X12" angle rams. I mistakenly ordered the wrong ram, and got a 1.5X10", and just found a matching new 1.5X10 ram kicking around. Does anyone know if I could use the 10" ram in place of the 12" I need one new piston, and if I could avoid buying one for now, I will go that route.

2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I am running 1.5 x 10's. My diamond is older though, pre Meyer and real diamond. I could not give you a difinitive answer. I thought Diamonds ran the 1.5" x 10's anyway, but what do I know.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Will it work yes, do I recommend it no. Since the rams are shorter you will not be able to angle as sharp and the chance of blowing a gland nut apart is very possible since the plow will not be able to reach the angle stops.

4. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

Thanks, I realized that it wouldnt angle as sharp, and asked because I figured there might be a good reason that it wouldnt work. I didnt think of the angle stops.

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

May also not work at all if the ram is able to close past the port. If the ram blocks the port the plow will be stuck angled.