1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

angle problems

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rb69, Nov 4, 2008.

1. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

I just finished up wiring up a 2008 Chevy 2500HD. Hooked up to my buddies plow and it wouldn't angle, using my v plow controoler. When I used his controller it angled a few times then quit. Up & down work fine as do the lights.
    I been on Bosses site and looked over the wiring diagrams, but not making any thing of them.

Any ideas what I need to look for?
    Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It won't angle either direction?

Check at the truck side 13 pin connector with a test light to see if the angle commands are reaching the plug.

Angle right pins are #1 and #6
    Angle left pins are #2 and #5

Either of the paired pins should show 12V with a test light when that respective function is pressed.

If you discover the pins don't have power check the connector plug at the controller to be sure all the pins are fully in the housing.

Could be on the plow side itself also.

3. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

Thanks B&B, I will check it out tonight. My buddy hooked up & it worked fine, must be my set up.

Thanks

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Well that's both good and bad.

Good - you know the problem is on the truck side.

Bad - you know the problem is on the truck side. :D

Let us know what you find.

5. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

found on the controller harness (under dash) plug, that the controller plugs into had the white wire that the pin was not pushed completely into the connector.

Works like a champ now.

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Gotta love simple wiring systems...make diagnosis and repair easier. Congrats on your fix. :drinkup

If you find that the pin comes out of the connector body again, pull the terminal out and SLIGHTLY bend the lock tangs out more. Thats usually all it needs for a permanent fix.
    :

7. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

My bad. I saw that in the beginning, but I took a few days to route things neatly & then when the time comes to test it out- I had forgot all about it, :dizzy: until your post on things to check.
    Thanks