Snow Plowing Forum banner

Angle problems

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  plowguy43 
#1 ·
Hi I have a md 68 in my truck. A few weeks ago when I got the plow out of storage and put it on my truck to make sure everything worked ok and to grease everything up I found the plow will raise and lower fine but won't angle either way. Any ideas what would cause this? I have only used this plow 1 winter to plow just a handful of driveways. Never had a problem all last winter so it seems strange it doesn't work correct now. :confused:

Mark

#4 ·
If your pump is running and it's not all the way to the left, I would bet one of your angle cylinders is stuck.

It may be as simple as giving it a nudge (push into a curb) - just a little bit. If that doesn't do it, I'd call your dealer. If the cylider is actually siezed up, it would be warranty (based on your description).

Regards,

#6 ·
Well I tried the little nudge against a curb this morning and no luck it still won't angle.:mad: Looks like a trip to the dealer this week. How long is the warranty on these plows? I've only had mine a year.

Mark

smoorman;1105399 said:
If your pump is running and it's not all the way to the left, I would bet one of your angle cylinders is stuck.

It may be as simple as giving it a nudge (push into a curb) - just a little bit. If that doesn't do it, I'd call your dealer. If the cylider is actually siezed up, it would be warranty (based on your description).

Regards,

#8 ·
Well same thing happened to me last year my left piston was frozen and lift was frozen.They tried to move it and no luck.They replaced both.Just took mine out of garage today and i had to spray them and keep working them.I never had this problem all my years with any other blade.

#13 ·
smoorman;1105399 said:

Regards,
Should the plow be stored with it all the way to the left? This is the 1st plow i've owned so any info would be great.

Mark

#14 ·
My angle problem is now fixed. One angle cylinder was frozen. Dealer replaced it and all is fine now. He also went over everything else on the plow to make sure everything was working properly.I have to say the dealer I bought this plow from really goes the extra mile to make sure the customer is happy.

Mark

#15 ·
Same issue but fixed

smoorman;1105399 said:

Regards,
Same issue for me, but the push to curb worked to free it up (more like left-right-left-right before it would move on it's own). Seemed like extra friction near the pivot bolt due to surface rust. Thanks for the tip Scott. I also appreciate the service manual on line.

#16 ·
Spray some fluid film/WD40 or whatever you use, before you park it for the summer on all of you cylinders. Should help keep them lubed up and free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.