1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angle problems HELP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by raypen82, Apr 11, 2008.

1. raypen82

raypen82 Junior Member

Just bought 8'6" uni-mount plow. It works great going up, down and left but does not want to angle right. I changed fluid, put in new valve and still no good. Any ideas? HELP:

2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Is the plow used? try replacing the right cylinder.

3. raypen82

raypen82 Junior Member

Yes the plow is used Sorry I forgot to say that and I switched hoses to see if it was the cylinder and then it would angle right but not left so I don't think that is the problem. Any more ideas? Oh yeah it was the S2 valve that I replaced.

i

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it angles left ok then it isn't/wasn't an S2 valve problem as it uses the S2 to angle left as well as right.

Since it goes up, down and left just fine it has to be an electrical signal problem from the controller.

Run a 12V wire directly to the S2 and then try the right angle. If it will then angle right, the controller is dying.

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Sounds like western is almost identical to the Fisher.. I posted the wiring for the Fisher for almost the same problem last week.

6. raypen82

raypen82 Junior Member

help!!!! sombody has got to know what the problem is. plow will angle right if it is up but it goes slow and you can hold plow and stop it from turning. It wont turn right if it is down,turns left no prablem. Have ran 12v wire directly to s2 valve and no help. switched cylinder hoses to check cylinders and it worked oppositly right no left

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Now that you've diagnosed (and/or) provided more info, it sounds like a problem with one of the cross over relief valves, since it will actually angle right, it just wont if there's any resistance against it. So it's suppling pressure to the necessary ports, just not enough so it must be escaping from some point. And the cross overs are likely candidates.

Pull both the cross overs and check them for damage (bent stem, damaged seat) or any contamination.

How did the fluid look when you changed it?

8. raypen82

raypen82 Junior Member

ok thanks will check valves and see what happens. dont remember what fkuid looked like for sure,but do remember it had some water in it,maybe1-2 tablespoons came out when pulled plug..will let you know what happens

9. raypen82

raypen82 Junior Member

:salute:THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Checked out crossover relief valves. One was missing the ball, put in another ball and it works great now. I knew some body out ther would know the problem.:redbounce

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear its fixed ray... :drinkup:

FYI: If it was missing a cross over ball, someone removed it as they don't simply "disappear". Must have been disassembled before. :dizzy:

11. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare Member
    from mi

Im having the same problem with my Western, BUT I THINK it is a elec problem because the lights are dimming all the time and the plow angles at times and at times it wont. Will moisture at the connections cause this problem. (BARE with me- VERY new at this) thank you and yes it is used.

12. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare Member
    from mi

When I angle left (the plow is to the right now). It does not go, it goes UP instead...Any Help?

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The S2 valve isn't opening. Could be an electrical issue (including moisture in the plug as you asked) or the valve itself. When it raises instead if angling left you need to check the S2 coil to see if it has magnetism and then go from there, as there's many issues that can cause the S2 not to open. If you want to take a stab at it start with cleaning the grill plug very very well and be sure that the pins in the plow side connector are in meticulous condition.