1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angle problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by LockedUP, Feb 10, 2008.

1. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

I replaced the crossover valve on my MDII 60 series pump because when it blew off sometimes it wouldn't angle left until I went to the right and then fine until next time...The new one piece valve that meyer designed was alot easier to deal with.
    I still had issues with having to go right to get it freed up to go left but it was way better...
    Today I was pushing banks back and the plow stopped angling altogether,no let or right the pump was running....HMMMMM so I just kept plowing for a few more mins and it started to work again. BUT now sometimes after I hit a bank if I angle right it will go left if I stop quick and do right again its ok...I called meyer about the original problem after the new crossover didn't totally solve my problem and he said that the c valve can stick because it swells from use. If the coil doesn't come off easy that may be why something is hanging up. Its about 4 years old..Any idea's there's nothing like this in the service manual...Thanks

Dick

2. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

those C valves will do that. I think a lot of times it's cuz the crossover is set for too high a pressure. if you have to pry the coil off of it, that's probably what it is.

3. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

I'm gonna check it today...Good place for parts?

Thanks

Dick

4. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Well the coil won't come off so I guess I found my problem...My dealer wants $150.00 for the cartridge 15381 OEM. I got it on ebay for $54.00 shipping includedfor OEM part. I hope he goes broke. My local guy that is.

Dick

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

it cold be the coil or the valve is the coil magnitizing?

6. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Replaced the coil And cartridge. The cartridge was swollen bad the coil was really tight on there. Thats a good way to tell if you hace a C coil issue...Don't get parts from ripoff dealers check web first.

Dick