1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

angle problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by the new boss 92, Dec 7, 2010.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

so i have been noticing a small angle problem, it only seems to happen on driveways to. when im plowing a drive i will pull the snow back enough to get the truck in backwards. well when i get to the bottom of the driveway and the plow will trip on the curb it wont angle. i back up and go to angle it and drop it again and i just hear the pump running and if you hold the up button and its all the way up,you get the sound as if its still running! im not sure what it is but it only seems to really happen when in trip the blade real hard. its a boss 7'6 super duty rt3. thanks for the help. i just did the annual maintness on it fluid change new hoses dielectric grease everything and it worked fine. the blade had done it sence i got it!

2. the new boss 92

any one b&b?

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Loose connection at one of the angle coils, poor/dirty connection at the bumper plug or the angle valve is getting ready to die. Connections are easy to check/clean/tighten so of course do that first. If it continues afterword then it's likely time for a fresh angle valve.

4. the new boss 92

well thanks b&b but i have to get a new angle valve then cause i just cleaned them before the season started and dielectric greased everything. it started doing it end of last year, any idea what thats going to run me off the top of your head?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Angle valve runs around $200, not inexpensive. That's why I mentioned being sure the connections are good first before going after the valve.