1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angle piston used for lift? MM1 10"

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by coostv, Sep 10, 2011.

1. coostv

coostv Junior Member

I was just looking over the parts schematics and it appears that both the lift and 10" angle pistons are the same as well as the packing nut and packing seals. Could I just buy an angle cylinder and swap the parts into my lift pump?

Can anyone confirm this would work? It would save $40 - $50 over buying the parts separately.

Thanks,

2. coostv

coostv Junior Member

I did not get a reply to this question, I suppose that was due to my ignorance as to what I was looking at on the schematics. I was looking at the lift cylinder from the non-SEHP (Insta-Act?) and was confused thinking it was an angle cylinder.

Anyway, I though I owed it to the post to complete the information. I ended up buying a complete new 10" lift cylinder from PPW for $27! I dismantled it and used the lift piston and packing seals on my SEHP unit. I have now plowed with it half a dozen times and would say it is good to go.

I could not believe the price, but once I had it together and proven it worked I thought I would finish this thread by posting my findings.