1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angle Piston Seals Shredded

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by t-sig, Mar 9, 2011.

1. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

I have a newer C-9 with an E-60. This last storm my plow started to angle better in one direction than the other, then only in one direction. I hooked the angle hoses together and ran the plow into a snow bank to get it to angle again. Then it didn't want to go up well. So, I pulled the filters and the pressure filter was just caked with fiberous material. I flushed the system and refilled it and replaced the filters. Up and down now but no angle. I pulled the hoses and one had a chunk of angle piston seal stuck in the end of it.

My question is, what would cause an angle piston seal to come apart?

Thanks,

2. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

***UPDATE***

The plow has 10" pistons on it and everything I am reading says they should be 12". It is used and the pistons have been painted. Is it possible that they are wrong and could that be why they blew the seals? I noticed that when it is fully angled, it doesn't come within and inch of the stops. Can someone tell me for sure what size pistons a C-9 should have.

Thanks,

3. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

c series plows 7.5 to 9 ft came with 1.5 by 12 inch angel cylenders not going to angel all the way with 10 inch also not heavy duty like the 12 inch ... i would say you blew your c valve seals when you ramed snow pile... or coil went bad

4. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Thanks Racer. I don't know how this came to have 10" pistons on it. It wasn't to save money, they are the same price. I will have to order a set of 12 inchers and then check everything else. Some people should not be allowed to work on anything. The guy who replaced them must have seen that they were different lengths! 2 inches difference is pretty damn noticable to even the most casual observer.

5. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

www.angelos-supplies.com part number z100642 69.95 thats in my 2008 book im sure they went up can order by phone also 1-800 264 3562 i have never found anybody with better prices yet....

6. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

***CONFIRMED***

The pistons on the plow were the wrong length. They should have been 12 inchers. Make sure your plow is hitting the angle stops and not extending to the limit of the piston. That will only result in ruined piston seals.