1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

angle on a e-47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by milwaukeevtwin, Nov 4, 2008.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

My plow will not go to the drivers side. It want's to, then it hangs up. It also hangs up when it goes the other way, but it does go all the way. It struggles and pushes it all the way.It goes up and down fine. It goes to the passengers side and hangs a little. but when it goes back it hangs up. I had my wife hit the switches and it will go to the drivers side when she hit the switches and i pushed it. I have replaced the coils,hoses,filters,fluids and fittings. Do you think it is a weak ram? I did notice that the fittings are on top and not on the bottom of the rams. It looks like somebody flipped them. Would this make a difference? Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks, Ron

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Takes more power to lift it then to angle. you said the "fittings" had been replaced, did that include the couplers? Hook the hoses together and see if it moves easy.

3. milwaukeevtwin

fittings

Yes i changed the couplers. I had the problem before i did that, also. I will try hooking the hoses together and maybe changing the ram sides and see what happends.
    Thanks, Ron

4. milwaukeevtwin

angle

I hooked the hoses together and got the same thing. When i lift it in the air it will not go to the drivers side. It does go to the drivers side when it it on the ground, but when it turns to the passengers side on the ground it does not always go all the way. It hangs up some times. Any more ideals? Do you think it is the ram?
    Thanks, Ron

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you want to be sure it's not the rams disconnect one end of each ram and see how it moves. If you take them of the A-frame and remove the hoses. You should be able to move the rams by hand. then it would be time to start looking for a bent or broken A-frame.

6. milwaukeevtwin

rams

Thanks for the help. I am thinking it is the a- frame, because when i let the plow down, it sits down on the right side first then the left. Thanks, Basher.

7. milwaukeevtwin

air

What is the proper way to bleed air out of the lines and pump?

8. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Like it's been said a hundred times on this site, put the plow down hill from the pump and then angle the plow back and forth and it will self bleed.
    Good luck.

9. milwaukeevtwin

air

When i did a search on air removal nothing came up. I looked through six pages of meyer and seen nothing. Thanks Kenyou