1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angle of blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowinjoe, Jan 12, 2005.

1. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

What is the angle of your blade? The reason I ask is the bosses blade is 45 and mine is 35. Wow, what a difference he can take more snow then I. even with the side board on. What is the standard if there is one?
  2. Rainman

Rainman Junior Member

To the best of my recollection most cutting edges are between 60 and 70 degrees. 35 segrees your blade must be tilted back way to much.
  3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i think he is talking about how far the blade angles left and right.
    what type of blade do you and your boss have?
  4. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

Your right 04superduty I was talking about left to right. The boss's plow is homemade and the one I use is I think a Meyer's but don't quote me on it. His blade is on a 45 and that really seems to make a difference.
  5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Your blade should have less trail off though. six one half dozen another.
  6. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

His blade has less trail off then mine if we take the same amount. Even with the side board on. I find he takes more of a blade full then I do and can only attribute it to the angle. We both plow at the same speed.
  7. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

I have a Meyers ST-7.5, and just measured mine at 30 degrees. (eyeballed with a protractor).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005