1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

angle of attack

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowed, Oct 4, 2002.

1. plowed

plowed Senior Member

On our Fisher setups we have the moldboard attached to the frame/headgear in the middle hole. Where do you guys have yours? If we were to drop them into the bottom hole, how much does this change the angle of attack? Do you notice any benefit, perhaps as the snow rolls off the foils?

Tnx

John

2. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak Member

It depends on height of truck(frame off ground). Dealer should be able to help you find correct angle or try their web site, maybe thgeir tech section, or call or e-mail them.

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I believe ideally you're supposed to have your A frame as close to level as possible, using the different mounting holes to achieve this.

Raising the rear of the A frame will put more down pressure on the blade, lowering it will lessen the effect.

4. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

On the bottom hole your fisher will scrape better but will not stack snow as high. ( do to the a frame hitting the stops sooner ).I also notice that the trip is less harsh in the bottem hole.

5. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Thanks guys for all your help. This all makes sense. all of them sit level, so there's no problem with that.

As far as stacking goes, we have some lots where we stack over the curbs so as to keep parking spaces open. Even with last years somewhat dry season, we still had some piles with good height that we were able to push up.

I think I'll leave them as is for now.

Thanks again.

John

6. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

The a-frame needs to be as close to level as possible. Having the rear of the a-frame higher will allow the blade to trip easier. having the rear of the a-frame to low will cause the blade to trip harder than designed which could result in a broken a-frame over time

7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

If A-Frame is mounted too high at the truck, at full angle, the leading edge will gouge and the trailing edge will not be touching pavement.

Keep them level!

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Hey, simmons156

Hi, Neighbor.