1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

angle hoses

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dingybigfoot, Nov 27, 2008.

1. dingybigfoot

dingybigfoot Senior Member

do i have to bleed anything if i'm changing angle hoses??
    or do i just disconnect and reconnect new hose??
    western plow.
  2. TLB

TLB Senior Member

I posted the same question a few days ago and was told that all I had to do was cycle the plow a few times and everything would be fine.

They were right!
  3. dingybigfoot

thanks man!!
    i noticed one of my hoses has some slight wear. gonna change it.
    just wanted to know b4 hand.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Napa makes a good hose and cheap too. Make sure the re-check the resevoir after cycling the plow.
    Carry a spare just in case.
  5. dingybigfoot

i ended up changing the hose. i couldnt get the coupler out of the male elbow. any advice on how to get it out.
    i ended up putting the coupler (new hose) directly into the hydra turn ram. will this cause problems???
    also a little fluid spilled out when i took the male elbow outta the ram. should i top up??
  6. MrBigStuff

MrBigStuff Senior Member
    from Boston

The elbow takes strain off the hose and makes for better clearance. If you can't separate the elbow from the old hose, just buy a new brass elbow with the right gender ends from the hardware store. It's less than $2, why mess around with something that may fail when it costs so little to buy a new one?
  7. dingybigfoot

i got it out and i bought two back up elbows.
    thanks man!