1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angle cylinders will not extend/retract manually

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Earl W., Oct 14, 2007.

1. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

Plow off truck, hoses off (had to replace them) 'A' frame for leverage, angle cylinders would not move. 'A' frame moves fine with cylinders off.

Cylinders off, cannot move them or rotate them by hand or with a little leverage.

I didn't want to force anything before checking here. Do they need to be broke loose with some extra force?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

tight

the cylinder packing nuts may be just tight ,or a cylinder may be bent

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't worry Earl, it's not uncommon at all for them to be to tight to move by hand. As long as they're not bent and the chrome is good, they're OK.

4. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

Chrome looks good and they don't look bent but I won't know for sure until I get them extended.

What is the best way to flush angle cylinders?

Meyers manual doesn't give precise instructions for the angle cylinders. Searching this site, some say to move plow back and forth manually (which I can't) and others say to just drain, fill with flushing fluid sloshing back and foth, drain and fill with fluid.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just use the flushing fluid and the method you described if they're still on the A-frame and you can't extend or retract them. But the best way to really get them cleaned out is to remove them so you can turn them upside down.

6. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

Thanks B&B. Removed and up side down it is.