1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angle Cylinders RTII

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RMHSR, Dec 26, 2010.

1. RMHSR

RMHSR Member

I have an older RT II V plow. The plow works well and because of that I don't see much point in spending the money to buy a newer one. The only problem I have is the angle cylinders are due for replacement/rebuild. What is involved in putting a seal kit in these cylinders? Is it worth my while or is it better to spend the money and replace the entire cylinder?

2. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

3. Williams Ex Co

Williams Ex Co Junior Member
    from Iowa

LOL....That looks familiar!

4. RMHSR

RMHSR Member

Thanks, I appreciate everyone elses experience.

5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

RMHSR, I have never rebuilt a boss ram cylinder but I have on a meyers, If you decide to rebuild yours,clean everthing well and when you put it back together use you type of plow hyd oil on the seals to reasemble, also make sure you get the packing nut very tight and check after you use the plow . good luck and let us know how it works out for you