1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angle cylinder on MDII

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PetsContained, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PetsContained

PetsContained Junior Member

I have a Meyer's MDII plow setup. The angle cylinder has the 5/8" mounting pivoting hole 90 degrees to the fitting for the hose. The hose comes out the side when the cylinder is mounted.
    Will a cylinder (not OEM) which has the hose fitting in line with the 5/8" mounting hole still work, or fit?
    Not sure if it will fit because of the plow frame near the mounting hole might get in the way of the fitting if it is facing up.
    Thanks

2. lnwing

lnwing Junior Member
    from Pa

The original angle cylinders on my C-8 have the port in line with the pin, which puts it on the top of the cylinder and gives some protection to the fitting. I recently destroyed a cylinder and bought an OEM replacement which has the port at 90 degrees to the pin, which places the fitting on the outside of the cylinder. It looks to me like it's a prime candidate for being snapped off, but time will tell.