1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angle Cylinder fluid change

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cbeard, Nov 21, 2007.

1. cbeard

cbeard Member

Hi all
    Drained the fluid out of my angle cylinders today. Fluid looked really nasty. What is the easiest way to put fluid back into the cylinders. Tried using funnel and trapped air let fluid run everywhere.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

your not just going to pour it in , just try to angle the plow and the pump will fill it up .
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I keep a couple of ketchup bottles filled with different brand plow oil's around just for that very purpose ( the good ones like you'd find in a restaurant).
    Filling the cylinders before re attaching the hose's make's bleeding the system much easier and faster....
  4. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

They should have given you some of those little pointed spouts that screw on to the bottle for starters. I took the advice of somebody else on here a couple years ago. I took the rams right off and poured them out then put them on an angle in a vice and filled them back up that way. Filled the hoses back up then screwed them back on and put it all back together. I like to put some flush in there and slosh it around first to get any dirt out. It takes longer to take it all apart but I like to make sure it's cleaned out well and flushed and refilled well and then put it all back together and no problems all winter.
  5. cbeard

cbeard Member

Using the spout on the bottles didn't work. Seems like when trying to put the fluid in air was trapped in the cylinders not allowing the fluid to go in the cylinder. This happen no matter how slow I put the fluid in. How can I bleed the air out of the cylinders? Plow is jerky when angling.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's one of the reasons I use the ketchup bottle..they have a small diameter tip that work's perfect.

Do a search here on "bleeding" or "bleed". You'll find a ton of info...
  7. Jakesbox007

Jakesbox007 Junior Member
    from nh

Hey Guy's,

Bought an 89 F250 a while back. Has a Myers/Diamond
    plow on it. Where do i fill the fluid for the cylinder? Thanx,

8. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

On A Straight Blade . Place Plow Face Down. With Coupling Hose Attatched To Each Cylinder Push Plow To Left Or Right All The Way Emptying The One Cylinder.crack The Full Cylinder Hose And Remove Coupling.place The Hose In A Can And Push The Plow To The Opposite Side Removing The Bad Fluid.fill A New Can Of Trans Fluid And Place Hose In It Being Sure Not To Suck Any Air.push Plow Back Opposite Way And Fill The One Ram Leaving One Empty. Replace Coupling..your Finished ..2 People Needed
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a pic of the fill plug location Jake...
    Fill it to about 1 inch below the hole threads..make sure the lift cylinder is all they way down before you top it off.
    The pump in the pic has a pipe plug in it, yours should have an external plug with a small vent hole in the side..should take a 5/8 wrench to remove it.

ebay011 (Small).jpg