1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

angle cylinder eats hose fitting.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bln, Jan 9, 2015.

1. bln

bln Senior Member

I replaced the angle cylinder because of this issue and the new does the same thing. What is causing this?
  2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

IMO it should be a swivel fitting, there's lots for those 2 hoses to rub on, I took the advice of other members here and covered mine with old fire hose the full length. Just an annoying little thing that some engineer didn't moniter after design.
  3. bln

bln Senior Member

It is actually splitting the threads.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

How? And any pics?
  5. bln

bln Senior Member

I'm trying to find out how. I don't know how to load pics
  6. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

Is it breaking the threads on the fitting or on the cylinder? Is it an original length hose? Is it a vee or straight blade?
  7. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Are the cylinders on backwards?
    Are the hoses not tight?
  8. bln

bln Senior Member

It was the threads on the hose. I found out the problem. My wing is weak so it was flexing too far back banging it into the cylinder housing, where the bolt is located. Thank you guys for trying to diagnose the problem.