1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

angle adjust not working

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tuck, Nov 12, 2004.

1. tuck

tuck Junior Member
    from NH

All right I am new at this so I am hoping my problem is an easy fix. The plow is a 7.5" fisher electic-hydraulic. The up/down adjust is working fine but the left right isn't, I can hear the pump working and the plow even shakes a little when I try to move it left and right but it won't angle. Any ideas??

2. DJL

DJL Senior Member

air in the lines? Not enough fluid?

3. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Everything hooked up right?

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Put your blade against a good size tree and give it a little nug with the truck as you angle it from your control. The pistons can get a little sticky sitting over the summer.

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

It's probably the connection at the grille. Disconnect each one and inspect the prongs visually for missing, bent, or corroded connectors. Hook back up and make sure they are firmly seated. Try them again. Look for broken or corroded connection at the battery or isolation module.

I just went through exactly the same thing a week ago.

6. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

I'm with Dave at Bolts on this one. If your connections are correct do as he suggests. I had this problem every year with my Diamond plow.

7. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I don't know Fishers, but a Western will do that if you get a piece of debris (piece of o-ring, seal, worn metal) stuck in one of the spools in the valve body. If Bolts suggestion works but it keeps happening, it could be the spool valve that controls the angling. You may want to have this done if you don't feel qualified to work on hydraulics. The source of the debris should be determined and fixed also, if that's what it is. If I'm wrong and Fishers don't have the same type of system, then....never mind.