1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Angle Actuator for tractor /gator/ atv plow?? need pics

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by 97S104x4, Dec 7, 2011.

1. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

ok so my work has a brand new 825i gator, they also purchased the plow package for it. Now the kit does not come with anything for angling so we were gonna make a custom actuator to allow it to angle without getting out of the cab.

has anyone tried mounting a actuator on a manual angle plow, if so post pics

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

3. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

its john deere's plow, not sure if they took anyone elses design or not, nothing special about it

4. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

i too have the regular john deere plow, and am looking to do the same thing, i am gonna try and do something with those 2 brackets with holes that are not used on the plow, measure how far it is from the blade, and try and find one that fits before i toy with weldings plates on the tubing. i would love to hear your ideas, because i suck with actuators. how do i rig up 2 actuators so when i turn left, one pushes and one pulls?

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

All you have to do is wire one side backwards from the other side. The 2 wires coming off the actuator are for in and out movement. When power is fed to one it will move out, when you hit the switch the other way, it sends power to the other wire. Honestly, you don't really need 2 actuators. One good one will work fine.

6. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

i just finished welding the tabs and getting ours hooked up havent got pics yet. monday im gonna wire it up and button everything up an take a couple pics

only one actuator is needed, its actually pretty quick too

7. Deerewashed

what kind of actuator did you use?
    if you could pm me some info on what you are using for this whole project that would be great!

8. Deerewashed

some pics would be good too if it isnt much trouble