1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

angeling issues?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by huntinmuddin91, Nov 22, 2011.

1. huntinmuddin91

huntinmuddin91 Junior Member
    from pa

hi im new to the plowing scene and this year i finally got my first plow shes old lil rusty no holes and been sittin a wile.. like 4 years. the price was right so i figured id try it out see if can make any money. so any way i got it all hooked up found out the motor selenoid was bad replaced that have a leaky line got one to replace it w/ im low on fluid but waiting out rain drops as i speak before i change them n fill her up. the motor kicks on to raise but nothin to angle not a click or anything im workin alone on this cause my wife dont know wat a left handed cresent wrench is so im better off solo and cant run a test light or anything to check power at the front connections any one have any options? thanks ahead!

2. huntinmuddin91

from pa

oh yea its a e47 pump and i just put the harness in today there was no rips tears all looked good and got good connections all around

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

what control are you using?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. huntinmuddin91

from pa

it says electro touch on it i dont know if thats the name i can take a pic and upload it if need be all it amounts to is two rocker switches one verticle one horizontal
    @ basher my computer is old as my plow i cant upload pdf files but will deffinatly lenthen the test light thanks!

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

7. huntinmuddin91

from pa

went outside w/ good intensions but rain just wont give me a brake maybe tomarrow installed adobe thanks for the charts ill post wen i get a dry day

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

9. kimber750

If you are close to Enola/Harrisburg are, I have a set of switches you can.

10. huntinmuddin91

from pa

My old friend got me a meter from his work he rebuilds mother boards n crap like that he said it was about the cream of the crop that they get not counting the 3-4 cheaper jobs i got layin round

im bout 15 mi. from ohio state line probly a 4 hr drive to harrisburgh

rain may clear out by time i get off work or get rained out from work again but gonna try messin w/ it again today see what i come to. Thanks for all the help guys

11. kimber750

That is a little too far to drive just to try some other switches. If it does turn out to be the switch let me know, I will give you a real good deal on them.

12. huntinmuddin91

from pa

ok wasnt makin good connection at harness now i go to raise and it turns left that leads me to b coil i got a tiny bit of magnetism i dont know what a fresh one feels like so cant compare. do they get weak or just quit? my local plow shop said a-coil could be hung open told me to check it, looked good so i pulled b valve and the dial that moves seemed a lil tighter than a did any other ideas? or just start buyin parts... thanks for any help

13. kimber750

try swapping B and C coils, same thing just different color wire. That should tell you if it is the coil or valve. Also Look at the valve stem, part coil goes over, if it is bulged the valve is shot.

14. huntinmuddin91

from pa

like i said im new to plows i mixed my coils up i ripped b and c valves apart. but i just switched the wires this is what i got
    power up it angles to passenger side
    angle left or right it angles to driver side
    and now you mention the green coil was rediculos tight to get off and back on

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:confused::confused::confused: "C" coil. If it raises the "B" is working, if it lowers "A" is working if it is going left automatically it is mostly likely "C" valve/coil

16. kimber750

You have to swap coil and wire, this was just to see if your coil was bad. C coil should be the green wire. C coil is also the long of the two, B and C. A coil should be on the back side of the pump base.

If the coil was real hard to get on and of most likely the valve is toast.

17. huntinmuddin91

from pa

that was another thing iv read what each one did before but couldnt find were i just dont know what each does sorry im makin myself look like moron lol i have rebuilt a few engines i built a 4 link suspension from what i drew on paper for my "monster truck" so neighbors call it another for a cherokee rock crawler but a meyers snow plow is new language in the last two days and got me all messed up. you think it is the C coil/valve?

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

yes C coil/valve, if the valve was tight you need to relace it the coil might still be good.

19. kimber750

First lets make sure you coils and wires are in the right places. Looking at the front of the pump the coils should be on the right. The big one towards back is the C coil with green wire, The other big one is the B coil with red wire. Small one on the back of the pump is the A coil with black wire. Hook it up like that and lets see what it does.

But like I said, if the stem on the valve is swollen it is most likely shot.

Like Basher said:

To go down A coil is energized

To go up B coil is energized and motor runs.

To go right C coil is energized and motor runs.

To go left motor runs.

20. huntinmuddin91

from pa

sorry kimber missed your last post ill switch coil and wire see what comes up