1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

AndyTblc's equipment photo's

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by AndyTblc, Dec 18, 2009.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I have a thread in the storm section but this doesn't qualify to be in the storm section.
    Well, now that I fixed my camera after getting it full of sand at water. I took some pics of my plow and truck. I put blade guides on it, I had one on the right side, but I wanted some on both. Plus I got a new flasher, well it's used but new to me.
    I will try and get some plowing pics next time we have a storm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

How big is that plow? It looks like a 6 and 1/2 footer.. Yes you need a bigger plow but in the same breath it will make you some money! Very nice GMC I have a 2000, 2500HD! Good luck this year.

4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

It's a 6'8", but when I was buying it, I was very desperate, as it was in the middle of the year last year as what I was using kept breakig and had to resort to using other stuff, and I kept trying to get a hold of a guy that had a 7'6 Western Unimount that was in good shape for the same price, he never got back to me. Then I almost had an older 7'6 boss RT2, but the guy sold that out from under me. Then the guy that I bought this plow from said that he could have it for me in 2 days. So I really had no choice, but it's good, because I have some narrow driveways, and it's light so it doesn't squat down in the front. But next winter I need a bigger truck. I'd like to have a 2500HD with atleast a 7'6 or an 8'

5. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

everything looks good except for that god awful MSU plate:laughing:. Hopefully we will get to plow soon. We still hadnt had ANY plowable events yet. Good luck this

6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I've been out plowing 3 days this year. I don't know what part of Michigan you are in but we get a ton of lake effect.
    As for the MSU plate...........no I better not say it, I'll get in trouble lol

7. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

i am over off of lake St. Clair on the east side of the state and its been bone dead dry. I am a die hard Blue fan and my roommate grad from sate and we are always givin each other ***** for it

8. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

lol, nice. my brother is a U of M fan, I don't know why though

9. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Well my flasher has a burnt out bulb. Thats a $13 fix. But I can live with out that for a bit. But this is getting fixed first part of this week. And it's only going to cost me a 30 pack of Busch Light. If you can't tell what that is, that is the center pivot of the plow. It looks like it has been welded before
    BTW: that is fluid film sprayed on it, as it was starting to rust

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

10. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Do you just do driveways? Because if you do, I'm sure your plow does an excellent job. I have a 7.5' Meyer poly plow and it sucks for backdragging. I've heard excellent things about Sno-Ways

11. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I have 1 small parking lot and the rest driveways, it does pretty good. The down pressure does work right, but even with out it, it does great. The only thing I don't like about it, is that the motor is right on the frame, and every time it trips, it goes threw the motor as well.

12. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

:laughing::laughing:

least u got half the equation right by having a good truck:drinkup: sux about that pivot

13. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

i like the idea of a clear plow!

14. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Plow looks very light duty

15. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

How's that bicycle do in the snow? :D

16. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck getting the plow fixed up!

17. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

It's very light duty, but I was in a bind, because I need something fast, and this was what I got. And it's not to hard on the truck either

That was hanging up in the garage, and I don't know why it was brought down

We were going to do it last night into today, but with the big snow storm they didn't want to take it all apart, because they have to take the A-fram apart from the Swing Frame, so yeah,

18. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Good point.

19. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Got the snow plow out, I have to fix it and do some welding and thinking about adding some wings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a VERY tight squeeze, had to do a lot of plow turning, and mirror folding
    [​IMG]

20. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i have to say that plowis pretty dang cute on the front of your truck!