1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anderson power connectors

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Turkey, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Turkey

Turkey Member

When swapping the factory power plugs for Anderson connectors, are you sealing the back side of the connector in some way? If so, how?

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I never sealed mine. I don't think it's necessary since they close up pretty tight.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Pack them full of di-electric.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I use old spark plug wire boots. Always save them from tune-ups so there's always plenty on hand.

They fit tight around the cables and need forced into the rear of the connectors so they sealed rather well. Especially after first packing them with di-electric grease. Plus they're free.

5. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

I'm not familiar with what an "Anderson connector" is,... does anyone have any photos of them? If there's a better cable connector system than the stock ones, I'd probably switch too,... thanks! :waving:

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

http://www.plowsite.com/showpost.php?p=804591&postcount=3

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You'd think someone (B&B) would've mentioned that to me when I inquired about my install :waving: :D

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Probably thought you had enough experience to know you never install electrics with-out di-electric.:rolleyes::D:jester:

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That one left a mark :eek:

10. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can source the 175 AMP Anderson connectors at your local NAPA store and make the cables up yourself (2 gage preferably).

If you'd like the specific NAPA p/n's for the connector halves I'm sure I have them.

12. Turkey

Turkey Member

Thanks for the tips guys. Searching the web some I've found Powerwerx has the best pricing, they also have a boot for the backside of the SB connectors.

Anybody figure out a way to mount the Anderson connector to the Boss bracket for the bumper? I'm thinking either use the existing clamp to clamp the cables, or bolt the Anderson connector to the Boss bracket.

13. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

Yes, the part numbers would be helpful. thanks

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

NAPA# 740-235 will get you a complete assembly (both halves with connectors) for 4 gauge cables. If you want to run 2 gauge (highly recommended) simply run a drill bit through the connectors to open them up to the larger size.